Dish Network made the top 50 WORST place to work list!!!

As a consumer, I love Charlie Ergan and Dish Network. However, considering what I know of how he runs the business, I would NEVER want to work for him, unless, perhaps, it was at top management who are paid more with their shares in the company. Anything below that, must be like working for a slave driver who pays as little as possible, but wants you to work above and beyond. Good for share holders and consumers, but bad for workers. And I have spoken with many inside the company at different levels and they do confirm that there is an attitude that you should be grateful for the job and be willing to "volunteer" time, as a mere hourly, no less.

These surveys without any info on sample size are worthless but this at least gives some additional data. I still dont know how many from each company.

from glassdoor.com site also you can see the actual responses from the site too

The Top 50 were selected from more than 37,000 companies reviewed by the nearly 100,000 employees who completed a 20-question survey on Glassdoor.com in 2009. To be eligible for the list, a company must have had at least all of the following:
  • 25 reviews from United States-based employees between January 1, 2009 and December 1, 2009,
  • "satisfied" ratings overall and across all categories, and
  • a CEO with at least a 50% approval rating.
  • The survey questions relate to employees' attitudes about Career Opportunities, Communication, Compensation & Benefits, Employee Morale, Recognition & Feedback, Senior Leadership, Work/Life Balance, and Fairness & Respect. After the overall ratings are calculated, a company may be excluded from the list if our review panel determines detrimental acts by management or other negative company events could ultimately damage employees' faith in the company's senior leadership and/or adversely affect its overall rating on Glassdoor.com.

for the company i looked at many of the reviews were from people who worked there in 2007 Very weird.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)