Dish Network MPEG4 & Programming Updates

I would really like one of the new MPEG4 boxes simply for the fact that I have become very bored with the 811 after nearly two years with it.

BrettTRay said:
I would really like one of the new MPEG4 boxes simply for the fact that I have become very bored with the 811 after nearly two years with it.
Be careful what you wish for. There's an old Chinese curse about living in "interesting times". I'd let the technology shake itself out for awhile.

Isn't the MSRP on the 811 also $399?

I too have had very good success with my 811, and I use its OTA tuner to pull in 8 digital/HD local channels. I don't see why anyone would rush to swap an 811 for a 211 at this point in time. Now if there actually were any MPEG4 channels, or some real functionality out of the ethernet port, or after being field tested it was determined that the 211 was more reliable, then I could understand wanting to swap.

I don't mind being a lab rat. I just installed my third 811 in 6
months. Besides, I don't want to be on back order later on for 2 months.

I'm dieing to know what all functions the ethernet port will serve. I know a few have been talked about but I'm sure there are a few things Dish hasn't made public about it yet. All in all I think the 211 will be a pretty good receiver and I will go out on a limb and say that the 211 will be far more dependable than the 811, since they have had lots of "practice" with other HD boxes to make it right.

(Non) Response from E* about 211 Ethernet

Dear valued customer,

Thank you for your e-mail. I apologize that it took so long to
respond. We've received an unexpected amount of e-mails this month and
are diligently working to catch up. Our normal response time is 24-48
hours.
I apologize for any inconvenience. At this time the Ethernet port has
been implemented for future use. Unfortunately we are still unable to
provide specifics on its intention as we receive more information it
will be disclosed. Thank you for your recent inquiry we greatly
appreciate your continued business!

Thank you,
M*****
Dish Network Tech Support

Ok i have a question here, i lease the 811 from Dish along with the 301. I just got these on OCT 1 2005. Now when the 211 comes out will Dish charge me to upgrade to this 211 or 411 or what cause im already signed up for what 18 months so you don't think they will tack another 18 months on me will they and charge me more money?

Also it looks like the rest of Voom is going to be Mpeg 2 along with Espn 2 so what is the gain of moving up to the 211 and paying more?
Will the 211 have HDMI or DVI or is this stuff still in the dark?

kevcar0603 said:
Just spoke to a CSR and you can buy the 211 right now for 473.99.

Just talked to a CSR from USA and she told me:

(1) Can only lease a 211 for right now. Requires a minimum of AT60.

(2) Cannot buy a 211 from E* until after mid-December. The price from E* is about $449 plus shipping. She also suggested I price compare at Radio Shack.

glennh73, I don't know what they will do about you leasing a 211 cause I'm not to familiar about how they do that kind of stuff anyways, I've never leased from them. There isn't anything to gain by getting one of these boxes until they change the HD channels to Mpeg-4 other than the receiver will be something new and exciting to play with. The 211/411 has a HDMI and no DVI. Hope this helps

Another CSR told you can't lease yet. Dish will contact all current subs with HD in December. Guess it depends who you talk to.

What we need to find out is, will they be replacing busted leased 811's etc w/ new 211's or not!

well like I keep saying to myself once they switch everything to MPEG 4 they need to swap people out for free since they would be denying their customers service if they didn't. I'm under the impression they really don't care about us subs and only care about getting new subs and more money those greedy bastids LOL

BrettTRay said:
kevcar0603, did they tell you that all current subs would get a call about swapping over to the new receiver?

He said all subs with an 811. He said to try and call back in about two weeks and see about a swap.

Dp-34 Problems

Whats up with local HD Channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)