Dish Network or Lifetime Networks: Who is at fault?

Dish Network or Lifetime Networks: Who do you blame?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
This is public opinion poll to gauge who you feel is to blame for Lifetime Network channels being removed from Dish Network's Lineup. Choices are:

Dish Network completely at fault
Dish Network mostly to blame
Both are equally culpable
Lifetime Networks mostly at fault
Lifetime Networks totally to blame

Its kind of hard to tell since we don't have inside info on the matter other than what Dish and Lifetime are saying about each other. From what I've heard I would say that Lifetime is to blame to a certain extent for such increased rates. If you were running Dish network you would definitely not want these television companies to think that they can just run you over and look like a chump. I would go for the best price that I could get and if I though that I was getting screwed then I would not carry there channel. You have to remember that Lifetime is the 8th highest ranked cable channel and it will definetly hurt Charlies business if he doesn't carry it so he MUST have some kind of reason for not renewing the contract with them. It would be easy to lay the blame on Dish for not renewing the contract but I think Charlie does have our best interests at heart and I think we should give both side a little time before we start a riot. Either way none of us know what has really been said or done so there is really no way we can lay the blame on anyone and be certain. Anyway I do hope that they can come up with some kind of agreement for the sake of the women foke!

The new deal has been talked for few months, and dish has took it off at the very early this year, dish looks like wanna to cut the program provider's rate but wanna keep raising the subscribers rate.

Just how much is a 76% raise in price. If Lifetime get 25 cent per subscriber, then 76% is not much. But if they get $2 per subscriber, then 76% is a lot more.

This one doesn't affect me in the least. Neither me nor my wife watches the channels and they could go away forever and not break my heart.

Programmers are trying this stunt left and right now, buy this channel or we shoot this dog, um, we pull your channels that you DO want.

It's hard to tell. I am sure just the money is not the full story. Usually tiers are included.

ESPN, for instance, had an increase a few years ago and wanted an increase to $3.50, if in the same tier, but $5.50 if moved to a higher one where they would loose business. Did this get out that ESPN wanted the higher percentage to the $5.50 or the lower to $3.50. The higher amount is what dish and directv showed. This was for all the ESPN channels, BTW.

So, is this 70% increase for staying in the same tier? Does it include all their channels now and it did not before? We just can't lay blame without knowing all details, and I guarantee that we will never know those.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts