Dish Network Petition

mdonnelly said:
Well, you know how to tell who the pioneers are, right? They're the ones with the arrows sticking out of them. :) Ask Chuck Dolan.
LOL :D

I just recently signed up for DISH via SBC and I'm sticking with it. I'm wishing & hoping that they'll release the 2wire MediaPortal before the end of the year. But as was said in "Bad Santa", "...wish in one hand and s*** in the other one. See which one fills up first."

Purogamer said:
I think it's incredibly ironic that goaliebob is leaving E* because of their business practices...FOR CABLE...OMG...Who's more crooked, money-grubbing and non-customer friendly than cable companies...

I can start a list!
Phone companies
Oil Companies
Political Parties

Purogamer said:
I also don't think E* will spill the beans until they're closer to launch of mpeg-4, but I don't know that they'll wait until D* has done it for a while. I really don't think E* has changed their schedule at all, Charlie has always said towards the end of the year...it's barely august guys...

I think it's incredibly ironic that goaliebob is leaving E* because of their business practices...FOR CABLE...OMG...Who's more crooked, money-grubbing and non-customer friendly than cable companies...

I had to chuckle at that one to.. Yea Ironic it is... but i am leaving... Im just tired of hearing charlie promase things to its coustomers like a broken record and he never does it. Atleast D* does what it says its going to do... I foud it Incredabley Ironic that he said today," for some coustomer's we have to pay there install to the cable company to get them off of our hands" if i right. It was something to that maginitude.. I just Couldnt belive that that Came out of Charlies mouth. After listing to charlie in the quartly review this morning dish will be going south for a while because they want coustomer churn. they dont want to pay anyone a dime to upgrade to mpg4 or mpg4dvr. and there expecting it. thats the sad part. I think before they realise what mistakes they are making it will be too late and dish will be on the copping block being sold to (making a prediction) the dolans...... I give it about 3yrs...

goaliebob99 said:
I had to chuckle at that one to.. Yea Ironic it is... but i am leaving... Im just tired of hearing charlie promase things to its coustomers like a broken record and he never does it. Atleast D* does what it says its going to do... I foud it Incredabley Ironic that he said today," for some coustomer's we have to pay there install to the cable company to get them off of our hands" if i right. It was something to that maginitude.. I just Couldnt belive that that Came out of Charlies mouth. After listing to charlie in the quartly review this morning dish will be going south for a while because they want coustomer churn. they dont want to pay anyone a dime to upgrade to mpg4 or mpg4dvr. and there expecting it. thats the sad part. I think before they realise what mistakes they are making it will be too late and dish will be on the copping block being sold to (making a prediction) the dolans...... I give it about 3yrs...

Man, bob, did you type this message with your nose? :) Like I said before, I give dish until the end of the year to appear to have a plan.

on the bright side is i own my equipment i can go back at any time

so did i so if qwist does not work out i can go back

Dish Network has no desire to be a leader in anything. They enjoy playing follow the leader. It's poor management.

Very True. Also, with the availability of fiber becoming more prevolent (and will only increase in availability) this could be the downfall of Satellite or decrease it's subscriber area to rural only. Now is not the time for poor management and sitting on one's posterior, afraid to take the lead.

Cable and Telephone are going head to head in who will be able to provide everything, TV, Voice, Data/Internet, etc. We are a few years out yet but it's coming. Satellite will eventually be left in the dust, especially if they don't get their act together and produce a reliable product instead of the crap receivers that crash like they do now.

Sorry if a lot of people don't like what E* is doing. But E*'s stock price is up 2.8% ($0.82) to $30.21 on all the news of today. I'm happy. So stop spreading doom and gloom about the demise of entire industries when all that sparked this entire rage was a little delay. MPEG2 has been around for over a decade, and a lot of people are complaining that MPEG4 may be a few months delayed. C'mon people. It's not like E* has ever told any customer when and what is going on for MPEG4; all of you (including myself) had assumed that all would be answered.

I wish Wall Street would pick up some of the real news about Dish Network. Dish is going to have a flat holiday season once again because of the lack of equipment.

Many people are going to be getting new HDTV's but won't by Dish because they know they are going to have to upgrade to MPEG4 a month or two later, and that cost of upgrading will come from their pocket.

I see a down forth quarter coming for Dish unless their R&D guys get on the ball and get some new equipment out the door by the end of November.

Agreed.

I remember when the 921 missed the holiday release date and it cost Dish dearly. Then it came out after the first of that year as a bug-ridden piece of fecal material.

Girlfriends lie. Wife's lie. Bosses lie. Dish lies. What else is new?

Dish has the best picture quality and their prices are less than cable in my area. So I will stay with Dish and its lies.

HOWEVER, Dish is going to LOSE HUGE NEW BUSINESS this holiday season if their new MPEG4-capable or upgradable sat boxes and DVRs are not on retailer shelves by mid-November -- or, at the least, coupons for free MPEG4 sat box upgrades when finally available.

There is a real chance here that Dish is gonna screw up the whole move to HD content and Direct will emerge as the undisputed leader of the new high-definition world.

I think Charlie has a brain tumor.

Time for regieme change.

Dish is starting to erode from the inside out. I am firmly believing this MPEG4 thing will belly flop like a 300 pound fat man and it'll show the true side of Dish.

I am personally waiting until the MPEG4 thing happens before I think of going back to Dish.

Customer service has been poor for years. YEARS! Charlie Chats and tech chats have been riddled with lies and misinformation and empty promises for years also. I've been dealing with Dish for over 2 years now and it hasn't changed. It won't unless the company is bought/sold.

Wait till verizon sells TV... it'll revolutionize the whole thing.

kavula said:
Sorry if a lot of people don't like what E* is doing. But E*'s stock price is up 2.8% ($0.82) to $30.21 on all the news of today. I'm happy. So stop spreading doom and gloom about the demise of entire industries when all that sparked this entire rage was a little delay. MPEG2 has been around for over a decade, and a lot of people are complaining that MPEG4 may be a few months delayed. C'mon people. It's not like E* has ever told any customer when and what is going on for MPEG4; all of you (including myself) had assumed that all would be answered.

No one had assumed anything.. we were told by the ceo of the company in the last charlie chat that this one would involve mpg 4 and that would be it.. its the lies and buisness practices of charles ergen thats the issue and the direction that the company is going. Its funny how half of us can see the direction and its not a good one.. we all want to see dish succeed but under the current regime dish will not sucseed. if it does it will not be as profitable as it can be.

goaliebob99 said:
No one had assumed anything.. we were told by the ceo of the company in the last charlie chat that this one would involve mpg 4 and that would be it.. its the lies and buisness practices of charles ergen thats the issue and the direction that the company is going. Its funny how half of us can see the direction and its not a good one.. we all want to see dish succeed but under the current regime dish will not sucseed. if it does it will not be as profitable as it can be.

I am so beyond outraged by the fact that nothing was mentioned about MPEG4 and HD that I here and now vow to not watch BET, EWTN,TBN, BingoTV, Angel 1, The Cartoon Network, Galavision,The Golf Channel,The Travel Channel, or any of the shopping channels for the next 18 months! It's time we make a stand people. Only then will they truly know that we refuse to take this lying down! By boycotting these channels I intend to send a strong yet stern message to those who sit on high at Dish that not only am I outraged, but am truly disappointed that Charlie has decided to one month tell us what we want to hear, then the next time changes the story. I just don't know where he finds it proper to do this kind deceit to people. Maybe he just figured that if the American people are gullible enough to not call the president and the administration on all of their lies and decides, then something a whole lot less significant like satellite television wouldn't matter either! I mean if George, Condelisa, Dick, Colin, and the rest of the gang can convince us that there are stockpiles of weapons, and that Sadam had everything to do with 9/11 and then we discover that none of that is true and they flat out lied to each and every one of us, but we don't call the administration on something that huge and unforgiving in my book, then why should Charlie see it as a big deal not to mention MPEG4 and HD in a chat even though he said he would. If we don't care about the one where human lives are at stake, then why should we care about the other when it is just tv? Just trying to put a bit of perspective on the whole thing. I will now climb down off the soapbox and make room for someone else. :strike:

Slamminc11 said:
I am so beyond outraged by the fact that nothing was mentioned about MPEG4 and HD that I here and now vow to not watch BET, EWTN,TBN, BingoTV, Angel 1, The Cartoon Network, Galavision,The Golf Channel,The Travel Channel, or any of the shopping channels for the next 18 months!
That'll show 'em who's boss !sadroll

goaliebob99 said:
People had assumed everything. You wouldn't be mad if you hadn't assumed that last night we'd hear all about MPEG4 receivers, channels, deployment, upgrade costs, and timelines. I had hoped for all of this, too. It didn't happen. Worse, Charlie had said that something would happen, but it didn't. He never said any of this specifically would be answered. Boohoo. Reading between the lines, MPEG4 probably will debut in just a few months, neither ahead or behind schedule, because we never knew what the schedule was, in the first place. Just because there's no big announcement now does not mean that the entire company has derailed. "It's funny how half of us" (hardly) think that E* is in the crapper because MPEG4 might be delayed. Charlie said today that it wasn't going as fast as he had hoped, but that E* would not be behind D* nevertheless. Even D* is having troubles launching their Spaceway2.

One thing you all have to remember. Not too long ago, the Charlie Chats and Tech Chats used to talk about things that were upcoming -- and when things didn't quite work out as planned and things got delayed -- we all bitched and moaned about broken promises. Precisely because of that, Dish is now afraid to tip its hand too early about specifics. They've talked about MPEG4 coming around the end of the year and such, but I don't blame them for keeping quiet until they're ready to do something (like Voom). That's the way DirecTV has operated. We all just need to learn a little patience. At least we all have options when we get upset. I remember the days when cable was fat and sassy because they were the only choice and could take their own sweet time to add channels and other features.

Evaluate offerings at end of year before jumping

Right now E* is the leader in HD, despite all of the hot air that D* has been blowing about HD. In my market, E* is clearly ahead of Comcast in HD. It appears that E* is waiting for the FCC decision on 61.5 before deciding how to configure the channels on their various satellites. On the earnings conference call, E* said that they did not really want to upgrade HD customers right now because they would then be faced with upgrading them to MPEG-4 receivers in about 3 months. If E* gets approval to purchase the Voom 61.5 satellite, E* should certainly have the capacity for a large number of HD national channels and for many HD LIL markets using MPEG-4. It sounds like good things are about to happen! Once the next generation of receivers and HD LIL is available about the end of the year, all of us should reevaluate the offerings and see who suits us best. I will stay with my trusty 6000 HD receiver and 510 DVR until then. Sure would like to get a HD DVR now, but this does not seem to be a good time with either E* or D*.

Slamminc11 said:
I mean if George, Condelisa, Dick, Colin, and the rest of the gang can convince us that there are stockpiles of weapons, and that Sadam had everything to do with 9/11 and then we discover that none of that is true
You forgot to mention that President Clinton, Al Gore and John Kerry also told us that there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq! How convenient to forget those people!
Tom in TX

Tom in TX said:
You forgot to mention that President Clinton, Al Gore and John Kerry also told us that there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq! How convenient to forget those people!
Tom in TX

Don't worry, I surely didn't forget "I never had sex with that woman, Monica Lewinski" "depends on what the definition of is, is" But the Dems aren't the ones in power right now and aren't the ones that sat in front of the U.N. and sat in the oval office. Sure an ex-president, a questionable losing want to be president, and a almost but not quite could have been president can say all they want. They all lie, we all know this, they all got A's in the classes they took on it in running for office school, but we as a country are no better than they are because we continue to let it happen. Granted, in this administration, you aren't given the opportunity to stand up and question Georgie boy because the S.S. will make sure that you aren't even close enough unless you have given him a million and have his face tattooed on your butt. I refuse to defend Billy Boy for all his lies and such, but it continues to amaze me that with all the proof out there about George and his little gang, people continue to defend him. Sad, so Sad!

dAAAAAA

Echostar owns Dish.

Echostar is a publicly traded company.

After all the recent court cases they are playing by the books.

NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING, can be released on a Charlie chat or Tech Chat with out first having the info released in public channels. The reason is not all Stock holders subscribe to dish.

Dish normaly does this in a press release as do most other companies.

Get over it.

Legal wont let them talk about MPEG4 yet.

We all just have to wait. Dish is a big company now, back when they had fewer sub they could get away with leaking things out in chats.

PS, yes I am a stock holder.

nuts4scuba said:
I haven't watched a chat in years. I just go to the Sat Guys chat chat. It's much better. :D Have they really ever said anything on the chats that we didn't already know about? My cable company is Insight. They charge 16 dollars a month for a single tuner pvr. They don't have agreements with ABC or NBC to transmit their HD feed. They have an agreement with the Fox affiliate, but they need to renew their contract in Sept or Oct and I hear that Sinclair wants more money so they lose that one. I just don't like that option. My DMA is like 65th so it will probably years before E* or D* add my locals (if ever). I will wait to see what shakes out between E* and D*.
$16 dollars for an hd pvr. Cox in my area charges $15.00 rental + $5.00 DVR + $2.00 HD gateway fee. $22.00 per month for 1 HD PVR receiver. I personally don't care about MPEG4 as long as they get Rainbow 1 and put up the rest of VOOM (assuming Voom adds more content), UHD, Wealth TV, Outdoor Channel 2HD, ESPN2HD, MAXHD, StarzHD, TMCHD and hopefully Inhd1&2. They can easily accomodate all this on R1. I like my 942 and as long as they add more HD channels, I don't care about MPEG4 until they really need the space.

Right now I truley believe they are not adding the rest of the Voom channels is because of lack of new content. Who needs 11 more channels of repeats. The real important channels are Cinemax HD, Starxz HD, TMC HD, ESPN2 HD, Inhd1 & 2and UHD. Did I leave any IMPORTANT HD channels out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts