DISH Network Ranks No. 1 in Customer Satisfaction

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AcuraCL

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 7, 2004
Wednesday August 18, 8:05 am ET

ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 18, 2004--EchoStar Communications Corporation (Nasdaq:DISH - News) announced today that its DISH Network(TM), the fastest growing multichannel TV provider in the last four years, has been ranked No. 1 in customer satisfaction among satellite and cable TV subscribers, according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2004 Syndicated Cable/Satellite TV Customer Satisfaction Study(SM).

rest of article here: http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/040818/185196_1.html

In my short time with E*, they've been quick to respond to any requests/concerns/problems. I know others have problems, but I've never been on hold for longer than 3 minutes, and sometimes had too QUICK of a response (i.e., they wanted to come back out to ground my dish the next DAY, but I was out of town). They've been very responsive for me so far.

And this is coming from a former Comcast, Cox & Charter cable user...so I know bad customer service when I see it!

Wait...lemme add to that: the people on the PHONE were fast and responsive. The installers, however, had their heads up their asses.

just wait

I have been dealing with the idiot CSRs for quite awhile now. Depending on whom you get, you will get a number of different answers. Their CS is pretty terrible if you ask me

E* scored a 725, D* a 721 (wonder why no V*) and WOW a 715. I wonder what WOW is doing that the other cable companies can't do to rate a score that high, the next nearest is Cox at 698? And then again, with all the rants I've seen against Cox how did they manae a 698, only 27 points behind E*? Makes you wonder if this survey is really worth the paper it's printed on.

GaryPen said:
I'm impressed. Dish beat DirecTV by half a percentage point. They just kicked their ass, didn't they.

For a little perspective, and to understand how meaningless these things are: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/aboutus/headline.dsp?id=06_03_2004A

Did you read the fine print at the bottom? :)

Of the satellite and cable TV companies included in the ACSI, DIRECTV posted the highest index score (71*).......deleted

The DIRECTV Group is 34 percent owned by Fox Entertainment Group, which is approximately 82 percent owned by News Corporation Ltd. * EchoStar's DISH Network also received an index score of 71

Never had a problem with SAT customer service til Voom. I have had D* & E*! I chose E* becuase they were Colorado based, and D* for sunday ticket. Both have been pretty decent to me, though I do wish Comcast would bug off :dev

As far as Customer Service goes E* has been fine. The people at the other end of the phone ACTUALLY speak English well. No problems making changes to the account and they've always been responsive when I had technical issues.

An example, this past weekend I went to activate an old 4900 for an extra TV in my basement. When I signed up in May 2000, I got a 4900 and 2700 via a lease plan, and bought an extra 4900. Over the years I got Two Dishplayers, a 721, a 921, and a 510. Gave the 721 to my Dad when I got a 921. Gave the 4900 to my sister who had it for 2 years. She got miffed when CBS yanked her waivers (Her husband is a rabid Broncos fan) so she bailed and went to D*. She gave me the 4900 back BUT I think she gave me the wrong one as she gave me her leased box and sent my owned box when E* sent her the box to return the unit.

I tried to activate the unit and they told me it was a leased unit. Went back and forth and described the situation, they tracked down the records of my returned units, as well as the units returned by my sister. After about 15 minutes, they came back on the line and said that they had gotten everything sorted out and that the receiver would be turned on in 5 minutes. Bam, now thewife can watch the Olympics while working out in the basement.

They could have just as easily shrugged their shoulders and said leased box, no dice, but they took the time to work it through. I also pay about $180 a month so I'm sure there was some "make him happy, whatever the cost" points in my favor, but even still..... I thought I was gonna be stuck buying a 301 somewhere and they got me hooked up. Thumbs up for handling this problem better than I thought they would.....

I just can't understand why they failed to include Voom? I was really counting on seeing them in the ratings, just to see how they compaired to the others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)