Dish Network Reseller program? Landlord sells it to tentants?

AppliedAggression

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Connecticut
My dad owns a few houses and he'd like to set up a single dish and be able to sell it to his tentants. Is this possible? I believe I read about something similar somewhere but am unsure of how it works. Any information would be great.

no, it's $13.50 per room

They way dish does MDU is in two ways.

one way is where the landlord controls all the billing and orders in bulk for the complex

the other is way is where the dishes are all installed at one place and then cables are run to each resident where they have their own receiver and set up their own account with dish network with the standard billing rates (doing it this way eliminates the silliness of each resident having a dish on there house)

Yea, what they don't tell you is that it requires $250 commercially invoiced 301 Receivers and I think there is a minimum of 20 receivers to do a FTG account.

What you need is an MDU Bulk account, however all the customers have to be on the same property

What do you mean by "$250 commercially invoiced 301 Receivers "? I was looking at the MDU? Is there a min. number of accounts for that?

My dad owns a few 3 family houses and right now wanted to just set one of them up so they would stop installing/uninstalling satellites and putting holes everywhere. He wants to offer it for free and use it as an incentive for ppl to move in. Would he be able to get the $13.50 per room (isn't per receiver the same thing?) by just hooking up 4 apartments?

Any dealers in the CT area that would want to possibly discuss the install, email me. McRaeWRC@cox.net

The installers have NOTHING to do with this. Reselling Dish requires DISH NETWORK contracts and they are what they are. Read: insanely stupid and counterproductive and a very good reason so many multi-family houses are hacked to cr*p by installers.

Your father isn't likely to get money from this. What he needs to do is expend the money on having a professional installer come out, place the necessary dishes at the appropriate best place, and wire the feeds down to a lockbox at the side of the building.

Now then, most DBS guys don't know a lockbox from their rear. Lockboxes are cable world stuff. However, such can be gotten and they should be metal. Two of them are needed: one for the switches, amps if any, etc. and one for the interconnect to the apartments.

He's going to want to have at least the Dish 500 for 110 and 119 and the 300 for 61.5 on the building, and the lines going to the first lockbox and a set of DP34 switches. Three in a row for twelve outputs giving four outputs for each of three apartments. People rarely even have four tuners active in multifamily houses, and DHA doesn't do beyond four tuners generally anyways and that's the bulk of Dish work anyhow.

All twelve lines would run through conduit into the second box where they would go to ground blocks and be properly terminated with locking terminators.

When the customer wants to have Dish, they tell your dad, and he has his installer come out and hook them to the ports in the box. When they move out, he has those lines disconnected.

If he charges one penny on this without Echostar agreements, he's breaking the law. Like reselling cable without an agreement. If Dish doesn't have a reasonable program, and they pretty much don't, he'll just have to settle for the fact that having everything prewired and ready to rock and roll on arrival as a big draw. Which it is for an increasing number of renters these days.

I know. I own my own MDU here in CT. My whole neighborhood is hacked to cr*p with E* and DTV never mind what Cox has done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts