Dish Network Satellite's

Mr.LazyCat

Original poster
Apr 9, 2022
United States
Well I've been wondering what each Dish Satellite is for (Like what the Turbo HD Variant or the Dish Plus Variant are for).

Because it's interesting seeing these different types of Dish Network Satellite's and want know more about them.

Well I've been wondering what each Dish Satellite is for (Like what the Turbo HD Variant or the Dish Plus Variant are for).
You seem to be confusing satellite dishes with satellites. Satellites are radio relays located around 22,000 miles away in orbit of the Earth over the Equator. Satellite dishes are what might be sited on or near your home to capture signals from satellites.
Because it's interesting seeing these different types of Dish Network Satellite's and want know more about them.
That is certainly a question that belongs in the DISH sub-forum.

A good place to start is the Echostar Knowledge Base:

Reactions: Mr.LazyCat
I do know the difference, it was just the way I worded my sentence which I wish I could fix...

Also it's nice that you told me where this page should be (hopefully it will be moved to the appropriate forum).

I do know the difference, it was just the way I worded my sentence which I wish I could fix...
The edit post feature/button goes away after a few hours but if you get to it soon enough (and you have sufficient privileges), you can edit your posts after the fact.

The "sufficient privileges may require that you have a few posts under your belt.

Did you find what you were looking for in the EKB?

Yes, there's Dish 300 (a version of Dish I didn't know about) and Dish 500 and 1000 (which I know about)...
The days of one and two "slot" (satellite position) dishes is long gone so you weren't missing anything. The DISH 1000.2 is what DISH is using currently and going back to an earlier design is unlikely.

Similarly, your next trip down the rabbit hole may well be switchgear (legacy, DISHPro, DISHPro+ and DISHPro Hybrid) and most of that is long gone from widespread usage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts