Dish Network signup program.. $75.00 per sale.. what's it called?

seandudley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
Loudon, Tennessee
Hey guys,

I was flipping through channels yesterday and noticed an infomercial on about putting out pamplets at various places for people to get free Dish Network satellite systems and installations, and for each person that signs up Dish gives you $75.00. Unfortunately I was busy and didn't get a chance to watch real closely, and figured I'd just do a search on the Internet to find out about the program, but I can't seem to find anything about it. I figured some of you guys here probably know about it. What is it called? Is there a web site about it? Does anyone here have experience with it? Any downsides I should know about?

Thanks.

well, it's on every morning at 6:30 or 7 am on USA or some channel like that. See it everyday when I get up.Seems like a sweet deal to me.

Yea, I thought I remembered them calling it Dish Direct. I had done searches for that, but it just kept bringing up sites talking about Dish Network and DirecTV. You'd think they would have a web site with all the details somewhere but darned if I can find it. I guess I'll try catching that paid programming at 7 am on USA and hope that's it. (Can't seem to find any way to look up with the paid programming tomorrow at 7:00 on USA is about.)

Dish Direct America Infommercial

I saw this infommercial for the first time (sunday/18Dec05)... watched about halfway thru and made the call. It seemed like a good deal, so I went thru with the process - ended up costing me $129.85... mind you, i had only watched half of the program, so assumed they would've got to the 'what it's going to cost ' part by the end... after completing the call. I finished watching, and guess what? they never mentioned a 'start up fee', in fact. the host repeatedly said "you don't have to buy anything" .... and he'd also mentioned the start up kit included 10 display stands - when in fact, when you make the call - you get one free and have to pay an additional $29.95 for an extra 10. (start up fee = $99.90 + $29.95 for display stands = $129.95) so far the only good thing was the extra 1000 certificates (you receive 1000 with your kit) + you're supposed to receive additional certificates (1000 at a time) whenever you request - at not extra charge. After I had finished watching the infommercial, I called the number back and asked them to explain why I had to pay a fee when the show never mentioned one... all they could do was give me the customer service number (NOT toll-free)... and the rep also said that whenever the host said "you don't have to pay anything" - that he was talking to (buying) customers (?!) but wasn't this infommercial designed only for a potential seller to view? I've tried calling the customer service - but I was on this automated "please continue to hold, thank you" cycle for about 5 minutes before I decided to hang up. Of course I'll try back later, but I sure don't have the warm fuzzies anymore. I will post the results of my customer service call once I contact an actual person. So, if you haven't done this yet, wait for my outcome!

They're othing more than another of the rip-off companies taking money out of the local retailers pockets. :mad:

They just dump a virtual cert onto DNSC so the customer gets an el-crapo job.

sassysaint said:
I saw this infommercial for the first time (sunday/18Dec05)... watched about halfway thru and made the call. It seemed like a good deal, so I went thru with the process - ended up costing me $129.85... mind you, i had only watched half of the program, so assumed they would've got to the 'what it's going to cost ' part by the end... after completing the call. I finished watching, and guess what? they never mentioned a 'start up fee', in fact. the host repeatedly said "you don't have to buy anything" .... and he'd also mentioned the start up kit included 10 display stands - when in fact, when you make the call - you get one free and have to pay an additional $29.95 for an extra 10. (start up fee = $99.90 + $29.95 for display stands = $129.95) so far the only good thing was the extra 1000 certificates (you receive 1000 with your kit) + you're supposed to receive additional certificates (1000 at a time) whenever you request - at not extra charge. After I had finished watching the infommercial, I called the number back and asked them to explain why I had to pay a fee when the show never mentioned one... all they could do was give me the customer service number (NOT toll-free)... and the rep also said that whenever the host said "you don't have to pay anything" - that he was talking to (buying) customers (?!) but wasn't this infommercial designed only for a potential seller to view? I've tried calling the customer service - but I was on this automated "please continue to hold, thank you" cycle for about 5 minutes before I decided to hang up. Of course I'll try back later, but I sure don't have the warm fuzzies anymore. I will post the results of my customer service call once I contact an actual person. So, if you haven't done this yet, wait for my outcome!

Its amazing people want to charge you money to go to work for them.:haha

It looks like the company selling those are making a profit whether you sell anything or not. They get your $129 so they figure they at least get that and it covers their commercial air time and a nice profit from the start.

Phaetos said:
well, it's on every morning at 6:30 or 7 am on USA or some channel like that. See it everyday when I get up.Seems like a sweet deal to me.
Has anyone heard any more about this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)