Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK TERMINATES RETAILERS

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – Dec. 8, 2008 – DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) announced today that its wholly owned subsidiary, DISH Network L.L.C., has terminated the following retailers, who the Company believes have engaged in illegal activity including fraud and misrepresentation when establishing customer accounts for DISH Network® service:

Rouda Rafaei (dba All States Satellite) of Tulsa, Okla.
Satellite Connections of Flemingsburg, Ky.
Garfield Wireless, Inc. of Monterey Park, Calif.
Mr. Dish of Hamilton, Ohio
Sacon, Inc. of Tigard, Ore.

DISH Network L.L.C. does not tolerate illegal activity and will take action against any retailer that it believes has engaged in any form of fraud or misrepresentation in its dealings with DISH Network L.L.C.

DISH NETWORK TERMINATES RETAILERS

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – Dec. 8, 2008 – DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) announced today that its wholly owned subsidiary, DISH Network L.L.C., has terminated the following retailers, who the Company believes have engaged in illegal activity including fraud and misrepresentation when establishing customer accounts for DISH Network® service:

Rouda Rafaei (dba All States Satellite) of Tulsa, Okla.
Satellite Connections of Flemingsburg, Ky.
Garfield Wireless, Inc. of Monterey Park, Calif.
Mr. Dish of Hamilton, Ohio
Sacon, Inc. of Tigard, Ore.

DISH Network L.L.C. does not tolerate illegal activity and will take action against any retailer that it believes has engaged in any form of fraud or misrepresentation in its dealings with DISH Network L.L.C.

Good riddance the the scum-bags!

No, i think they were ripping off dish by signing up customers that were already customers, and yes, if you sell dish, I don't think they let you sell FTA.

Are they terminated because they were selling FTA receivers?
Does Echostar still impose that restriction on retailers that they're not allowed to also sell FTA receivers?

These and the other retailers over the last couple months have been terminated for breach of contract with Dish thru fraud and other unscrupulous against Dish. These specific retailers(as others over the last few months that Scott has posted) haven't been canned because of FTA receivers.

This is how they will terminate retailers early on, as time goes on they will find other reasons to terminate more retailers. They want to rid of the ones committing fraud first but it will not stop there.

Untill they terminated all the dealers, then no more commission pay out, this is what I think dish will make it happen. Of cause, time will tell.

This is how they will terminate retailers early on, as time goes on they will find other reasons to terminate more retailers. They want to rid of the ones committing fraud first but it will not stop there.

Are you saying that they shouldn't terminate the retailers who are cheating and stealing from them?

Are you saying that they shouldn't terminate the retailers who are cheating and stealing from them?
Did you read that from his comment ? I'll bet you're the only person who did....

What is clear is Dish is slowly getting rid of most, if not all, of their resellers. This may take many years to do, but eventually it will all be direct or there will only be a small number of resellers throughout the country.

I did not say that Dish Network should not get rid of the retailers that commit fraud. What I am saying is that they are getting rid of retailers and it makes sense to get rid of the ones that are commiting fraud first. Dish Network (and eventually DirecTv as well) will have to do this to become more competitive in the market in which will become more expensive. This is one way that they will do it, by lowering their costs of acquiring subscribers. When the subscriber additions drop there will not be a need for many retailers anyways.

If Dish's grand plan is to eliminate resellers, would that plan also include opening company-operated store fronts? (Or do those exist already, and I just don't know?) Some people prefer to do business face-to-face instead of over the phone/web. I can't imagine Dish would willingly throw away all that business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts