Dish Network Total House DVR?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Patrick Torres

Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
I saw some similar threads but never saw a definitive answer. Does Dish Network have anything in the pipeline as far as total home DVR service? U-Verse, Direct TV, and Time Warner Cable all offer it in my town. I have an HD TV in every home of my house and the SD reception in the second room is not cutting it.

I saw some similar threads but never saw a definitive answer. Does Dish Network have anything in the pipeline as far as total home DVR service? U-Verse, Direct TV, and Time Warner Cable all offer it in my town. I have an HD TV in every home of my house and the SD reception in the second room is not cutting it.

Reportedly, sometime later this year. I not talking about Sling.

Total Home DVR. I have four rooms with an HD TV. Two have single room HD receivers. Then I have the two room DVR receiver where one room gets HD and the othr gets SD.

Can you guys post a link to the rumored post. I used the search feature but could not find anything.

I just want to add that I too would love a total home HD DVR solution beyond Sling. I believe just about every member of this forum wants it as well. I hope Scott will trickle as much info as he feels comfortable releasing so we can get a good idea of just what it will be and when we can expect to see it for all. All the current and forthcoming Sling solutions add up to a lot of money for a sub to invest.

I just want to add that I too would love a total home HD DVR solution beyond Sling. I believe just about every member of this forum wants it as well. I hope Scott will trickle as much info as he feels comfortable releasing so we can get a good idea of just what it will be and when we can expect to see it for all. All the current and forthcoming Sling solutions add up to a lot of money for a sub to invest.

Which is why I doubt you will see the whole house dvr anytime this year. DISH is pushing sling products like the sling adapter for $99.00 and the soon to be released sling extender for tv 2 in hd if you have the sling adapter on your 722/722k receiver. The sling extender, which was supposed to come out on the market LAST July, will come to market first ,since the FCC finally approved it. Then once DISH is sure everyone has that device , they will come out with the whole house dvr by next CES 2012,I'm betting. It's all about creating an interest in products and then creating a NEED for them , that has to be met by buying it. Then of course , there is the Multi-room viewing feature that DIRECTv has, where they link all the HD receivers in your house by internet, so you can go to any room and watch your show where you left off. DISH will probably make it to market with mrv this year- before the whole house dvr .

You know, I don't even care if it came out to the same price I pay now, I'd love this feature. Not too long ago, multiple HD TV's in a house were rare. Now, a lot of families like mine have multiple big screen HDs (I have three--42, 46, and 65 and 102" drop down screen in front of the big TV with a projector we only use at night). With three duo HD DVRs, I either end up redundantly recording certain shows because I'm not sure where we'll watch it, or the whole family has to setup camp in the master bedroom because we want to watch a show I only recorded on that DVR. SD 2nd TV is not an option. I'm in the multimedia production business and am very picky about quality.

I'd love to just have one big ole recorder that records the kids shows, the mother-in-laws shows, and my wife's and my shows and then let us watch them in whichever room we want too. I have U-Verse for Internet access, but after the trial rejected their TV service because they can only offer two HD streams simultaneously--so forget it when the kids, granny and I are watching TV and taping a fourth one for later.

The Homeplug built into the 622's and 722's is too slow for MRV, it's only 3MB/s under perfect conditions.

The 922 however uses homeplug 2.0 which is a lot faster then regular Homeplug.

DISH is a founding member of MOCA which is the technology DIRECTV uses for it's MRV.

I still don't know why they even bother with the tv2 in sd on the dual tuner boxes anymore. Most people I know are not feeding there 2nd tv with an sd feed, they have a single tuner box for that.

Not to pick nits.. but I wish I had HD in "every home of my house" (lol)

beyond that .. would love to have the "Dish Everywhere" truely be everywhere too... and in a form that doesn't kill dual tuner set on Single mode. A lot of my anger with the SlingAdapter is how it completely screws dual tuner, dvr, and single mode like no one should care.

There was speculation that there might have been a box shown at CES, that came and went with no box. The next big Dish event is team summit in the May timeframe. Perhaps there will be a box shown then. Or, it could be even longer. I think Dish wants to avoid the 922 problem where it is shown but not available for over a year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)