Dish network upgrade advice needed...

BeerBelli

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2006
I currently have a VIP 622. Only myself in the house.

2 HD TV’s are connected TV 1, one with HDMI and one with RCA. Only 1 is ever used at a time.

3 TV’s are connected with TV 2 (The connection has a splitter), none are HD. Only 1 is ever used at a time and then none of the TV1 TV’s are on.

I am replacing 1 TV on TV 2 with an HD TV.

If I go to the Hopper and Joey, I will need 3 Joeys and a Hopper. Each Joey will add $7.00 a month. ($21.00 more a month)

What is the best way to replace one TV 2 TV’s, with HD?

Thanks.

Well... You could take one Joey around to your different TVs and save $14/mo, but obviously that's a bother.

What this world needs is a cheap ATSC wireless transmitter.

Connect 1 HDTV to the Hopper. Connect a Joey to existing TV2. Connect a Joey to the HDTV you are planning on buying. Connect a 3/4 modulator to the Hopper and run it to the SD tvs.

Yep 1H/1J + RF modulator would be your best bet.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I currently have a VIP 622. Only myself in the house.

2 HD TV’s are connected TV 1, one with HDMI and one with RCA. Only 1 is ever used at a time.

3 TV’s are connected with TV 2 (The connection has a splitter), none are HD. Only 1 is ever used at a time and then none of the TV1 TV’s are on.

I am replacing 1 TV on TV 2 with an HD TV.

If I go to the Hopper and Joey, I will need 3 Joeys and a Hopper. Each Joey will add $7.00 a month. ($21.00 more a month)

What is the best way to replace one TV 2 TV’s, with HD?

Thanks.

You state that you are the only user. If you are happy with the 622 and its 2 satellite tuner limit and run your unit in single mode (which feeds the same programming to all outputs), you can just buy an HDMI splitter and run HDMI cables to feed all your HDTV's. I just checked on Monoprice.com and saw several 1x4 HDMI splitters listed.

You would save money over the Hopper which is soon going to have a fee increase. The Hopper and Joey system allows each TV connected to a Joey to watch seperate programming, but you state that you only use 1 TV at a time, so you don't really need that capability now.

Thanks for the replies. There are some good suggestions here. I decided to just get a 211 receiver for $7.00 monthly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)