Dish Network while overseas?

FeitNite

Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
Anyone know if it's possible to subscribe to Dish Network while overseas but still within the line of sight of the satellite (e.g. Caribbean, Mexico, etc.)? Or is Dish not allowed to accept subscribers outside the U.S?

You can subscribe or at least continue your subscription but due to the curvature of the Earth you will not be able to receive a signal.

I had an african guy asking me if his system would work in africa. The hillarious part about it was that he was an installer (he came from a cable background, though). He could not wrap his mind around line of site and footprint, ect.

Hello, I'm new here so excuse me if I break some rules. I couldn't find another thread on the subject. I am wondering if I can take an additional box from my US subscription to my second home in Guatemala, Central America. I know there's a lot of people down there that have the service and I see some really big dishes down there. Can anybody give me some useful info?
Thanks

Hello, I'm new here so excuse me if I break some rules. I couldn't find another thread on the subject. I am wondering if I can take an additional box from my US subscription to my second home in Guatemala, Central America. I know there's a lot of people down there that have the service and I see some really big dishes down there. Can anybody give me some useful info?
Thanks

you'd need a big dish (6 to 8') 1 dish for each orbital location and legacy switches... having receivers in different residences *might* be considered account stacking, not sure what's the latest with the Dish account audit team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)