DIsh network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Digital TV from whatever source will take longer to change channels than analog TV. Analog is a continuous signal, pick it up anywhere in the stream and paint the picture on the TV. Digital pictures are built up from reference frames with some following frames just noting the differences from the previous frame. This allows packing more data in less bandwidth. It's the only way we can fit far more detailed, larger HD pictures in the space originally meant for analog SD pictures. So the digital tuners must decode some data before displaying, and that takes some time.

When I shifted to digital TV, I learned to use the EPG, and I never channel surf by pressing channel up or down anymore.

I hope this helps. And welcome to our little community.

It is a dishdvd 522 and and it has started to take a long time to switch channel about 6 sec. each time.

It is a dishdvd 522 and and it has started to take a long time to switch channel about 6 sec. each time.

This receiver is normally about 3 seconds to change between channels.
Is your 6 seconds exaggerated?

Try changing between channels 200 and 202. What is exact time?

Then try changing between channels 200 and 102. Is time the same?

Shutting off a receiver helps with this problem, so does holding down the power button for 5 seconds and letting go when it goes off, this does a reset. Its also possible if not probable that your dish is out of tune and you will get this same issue also.

Take your remote and hit the following buttons in this order.

Menue, 6, 1, 1, select the 119 satellite and then change the transponder to 11 and see what the signal strength is, if its below %80 then this can lead to your problem specialy if its at %60 or less. If this is the case then you need to have the dish retuned wich is a service call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)