Dish Networks 2009 programming and pricing changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

berdde

Original poster
Oct 11, 2008
Received a mail notice and also found the announcement on the web. You can find the link by googling the subject.

I just became a Dish customers 5 months ago, of course with 2 year contract. At that time I opt for TurboHD Bronze (based price $24.99), then with DVR and local ($5 each). Now because of the price change of TurboHD, I have to pay $5 more. Still a good deal compare to local cable, but feel unfair to get the hike in just 5 months.

Is there is way to show my complain?

To all long time Dish users, how often does Dish increase their price? Did they ever lower their price?

You're not guaranteed any price for programming. Nothing you can do about that. You might try complaining, but having only been a customer for 5 months, I'd say that you won't get anywhere. If you're locked in for 24 months, you'll just have to grin and bear it.

If you had been a member here, you would have seen that we've been talking about the price increase for months before it happened!:)

Dish is about like anything else, about once a year they adjust/raise prices for different reasons.

...To all long time Dish users, how often does Dish increase their price? Did they ever lower their price?

Every February. But some packages have been frozen for a couple years now (Family Pak)
If the companies who provide the channels to Dish would lower their prices, and the states where they have property would lower the property taxes, and the employees would agree to take lower salaries, and the companies they buy the parts for the receivers and satellites would lower their prices, and the companies that shoot the satellites up 22,000 miles into the sky wouldn't change so much, then the prices might go down...

Also, contract you signed specifies the right to change rates and programming at any time. At least you got five months.