Dish Network's handlng of TCP/IP

birdy1402

Original poster
Apr 27, 2011
Australia
Hi Guys;

I have built a prototype application that assists with video streaming, and was curious to know whether it would be compatible with infrastructure similar to DISH network.

I was wondering if anyone could help with any technical information in regards to content delivery, and how they handle TCP/IP.

My current application requires ATM technology in the Ka band to seamlessly transport and manage QOS of Internet traffic. My understanding is that there are numerous issues in providing TCP over UBR, GFR, and ABR e.g. QOS over distance.

Do they currently support ATM technology, and how do you maintain their QOS?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Birdy

Ok, I understood "Hi Guys", from there you might as well have been typing in Klingon. No, wait, I actually understand Klingon better..... :D

I have not got a clue, but had to respond......

To be fair.... great response.

However, I am looking for someone who has a good understanding of this area. I can't seem to find any of these details in any tech manuals etc.

Thanks again

Birdy

Dish does not do TCP/IP over the satellite system. TCP/IP is a two way communications system where you ACK back packets. The Dish network system is one way communications. You probably would be better off looking at the wildblue or hughesnet systems.

Dish does not do TCP/IP over the satellite system. TCP/IP is a two way communications system where you ACK back packets. The Dish network system is one way communications. You probably would be better off looking at the wildblue or hughesnet systems.

You stated it better but that is kind of what I said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)