Dish Nightmare

webbydude said:
:eek: whoa! Dude!! You're just opening yourself to a world of hurt if you maintain that "policy" of yours. Dish can and will fail you on a QC because of that; not to mention any insurance adjuster will have your hide. NEC states that any "antenna" must be grounded. That includes the dish as well. There are plenty of threads in this forum discussing different ways to ground or "bond" a system. But this is completely different. Bottom line...the dish has to be grounded and the lines from the dish have to be grounded.

***I won't even get into the debate of whether a switch is a suitable ground or not, too many compelling arguments on both sides of that fence*** ;)

The dish needs to be grounded? A grounding block does not suffice? The lines from the dish also need to be grounded? I guess I'll have to start doing some reading then!

Typically, a dual-RG, with grounding tracer, cable run is made from the dish to the groundblock. One end of the run has the tracer attatched to the dish; preferably to a groundlug that is screwed into the dish mast. The other end of the run has the tracer wire attatched to your grounding block. I've always thought it was just common knowledge and practice for everyone to have a tracer attatched run from the dish to groundblock.

SummitAdvantageRetailer is right it states right on the contract you signed that the equipment is returned to the retailer in the first 180 days.

But you did say you when to a local retailer but Dish sent the installer? Always find a Retailer that has his own installers.

If an installer showed up to do a job at my house and had to borrow tools (Ladder) I would have thrown him off my property right then and there. That is a huge clue that he is NOT qualified to do his job.

Everyone gets the bingo channel unless your state doesn't allow it like Ohio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)