DISH No FSN HD

BorDizzy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
I was pretty upset that they didn't carry any of the PPV football games this weekend in HD, but than I turn to FSN HD to watch Illinois/Missouri and it looks like complete crap because it isn't in HD. I can't believe this garbage, I think it is the last straw for me. Wife has been upset with losing ABC Family HD and Disney HD, and now they can't carry games they had the last 3 years in HD. They aren't planning to show any of the games on FSN National in HD. They are available on DirecTV and my local provider Time Warner (sigh), looks like I may be making that call but this is downright pathetic.

I was pretty upset that they didn't carry any of the PPV football games this weekend in HD, but than I turn to FSN HD to watch Illinois/Missouri and it looks like complete crap because it isn't in HD. I can't believe this garbage, I think it is the last straw for me. Wife has been upset with losing ABC Family HD and Disney HD, and now they can't carry games they had the last 3 years in HD. They aren't planning to show any of the games on FSN National in HD. They are available on DirecTV and my local provider Time Warner (sigh), looks like I may be making that call but this is downright pathetic.

If you like sports no one compares to Directv. I have Directv with ESPN Gameplan along with Sports Pack. If the game is on ESPN Gameplan and on a RSN in HD the feed is not blacked out. Today I get to watch my beloved Bulldogs play the Rajin Cajun via MSG HD.

If you like sports no one compares to Directv. I have Directv with ESPN Gameplan along with Sports Pack. If the game is on ESPN Gameplan and on a RSN in HD the feed is not blacked out. Today I get to watch my beloved Bulldogs play the Rajin Cajun via MSG HD.

I understand the Directv/sports thing, but there's very few HD college games that aren't shown on one of the alternate FSNs, if its not on your primary. Today they had the Georgia game, Illinois game, and there's others throughout the day. Iowa St was on Thursday night etc etc.

I understand the Directv/sports thing, but there's very few HD college games that aren't shown on one of the alternate FSNs, if its not on your primary. Today they had the Georgia game, Illinois game, and there's others throughout the day. Iowa St was on Thursday night etc etc.

Yeah they are on there but try tuning them in if it is part of Gameplan and not in your market. It will be blacked out. Any game on Gameplan and you do not subscribe to it will be blacked out.

Not sure where you live but try and tune in to Ark. St and Auburn on FSN So or Northwestern and Vanderbilt on CSN Chi. and see if they are on. Chances are nill since it is part of ESPN Gameplan and you don't live in the area.

Actually the Iowa St game thursday and today's games: Ill v Missouri, LLA vs Georgia, OSU vs Washington St were all available and viewable to me. The Ark St game is on a local channel, so that one is blacked out as well as Northwestern vs Vandy which I didn't expect to receive anyway. If your not in their viewing area then subscribe to the regional multi-sports pack to get those or subscribe to GP for those games. The GP games are also available on ESPN 3.com

Part of the issue is that there is confusion because dish doesnt offer rsn's in hd full time, They could alleviate alot of the issues if tehy just listen to cousotmers and offer the programming they want.

I tried that channel, and it blacked out for some reason. I contacted a DISH-tard representative and they can't figure it out.

Turns out after I talked to a few representatives, there was something set up wrong in their system, and they did get 444 to work for me. Man it was quite frustrating for me to keep telling them that, while you say go to this channel, there is nothing showing up.

Seems a bit strange for me, considering in the past my FSN Rocky Mtn channel which is 418 would have that game on the HD feed. All in all it was just darn annoying to have all this happen on opening weekend of football and so I'm glad it got resolved but I had a game to get to. I just wish they would take note and offer a PPV game in HD, as next week that is what the wife and I are going to do.

I think the problem is that Dish didn't let us know that they were consolidating the RSN HD feeds of the same game and putting them on the HDALT channels. It makes sense to just run one version of the same game in HD for everybody's RSN, but I never got any notification that they were doing this. Did anybody else?
Again, today, most of the RSNs are showing HS Football: Euless Trinity vs. Shiloh Christian. But the HD slots are all blank. Instead, there's one HD version of the game and it's on 444 HDALT and wont' show up when you search for football. I understand WHY they are doing this - probably to save bandwidth, I just wish they would let us know ahead of time. It sounds like a lot of people missed out on the HD cast of their game this weekend because they didn't know that they were all moved to 444 and 445 for every RSN showing the same game in HD.
If anybody has any official information from Dish about this change from the way they did things last year, please let us know.

It wasn't actually wasting bandwidth as the games were always just on one channel. Dish just remapped all the RSN HD's to point to whichever game was available in their area.

Hence my RSN, FSSW HD on 416 would tune to wherever Dish had the HD game at but just during the HD games. After the games were over FSSW HD would point back to the SD feed.

This new move on DISH's part actually got my sister and brother in law this week, as I usually have the ALT channels blocked out of their favorites list and they watched a quarter of the OSU / WASH St game before calling me and asking why the game looked like crap.

Yeah, I think this has become the final straw for me, I've been with Dish 14 years, and I'm tired of knowing Echostar/Dish's business concerns and lawsuits. And a lot of them seem to affect the things that are important to me. Fox Sports Net was showing games in HD for 3 years before Dish even bothered with part time RSN's.
I'm not all that interested in the NFL, so Dish has been fine for me in that respect, college football had been about the same on both services. I'm not one of these customers who are constantly changing packages and jockeying for discounts, I've had the All everything package + multisports + locals for most of that time. Always in the hope that when new stuff was added, I'd just get it. But all this nickel and dime crap involving HD and ESPN, and then when the PPV game I ordered this past weekend was available from every other major provider in HD except dish, and we still don't get ESPN-U in HD and then they TOOK AWAY ESPN News in HD. It's time to move on. I'm looking at UVerse and Direct TV. I already bought ESPN Gameplan for the season, so I'll probably just drop my dish account to it's lowest package until December.

I have E* and was at a tailgate Saturday. The tent next to us had D* and had ESPNU in HD. I love Dish's DVR but I might consider jumping for sports.

It wasn't actually wasting bandwidth as the games were always just on one channel. Dish just remapped all the RSN HD's to point to whichever game was available in their area.

Hence my RSN, FSSW HD on 416 would tune to wherever Dish had the HD game at but just during the HD games. After the games were over FSSW HD would point back to the SD feed.

This new move on DISH's part actually got my sister and brother in law this week, as I usually have the ALT channels blocked out of their favorites list and they watched a quarter of the OSU / WASH St game before calling me and asking why the game looked like crap.

I dont see how they can get away with this as on the RSN's there are local ad spots, that the RSN's get paid to air based off of viewership. I'm pritty sure that CSNChicago would be pissed off if I was getting a local car ad from Colorado on thier channel, when in reallity CSN Chicago (airing the same program) is airing a commerical from Joes BBQ on 67th, ect.

It hurts the RSN's Advertising revinue. Also, Why half ass it? Why not do it the right way dish! Its freaking stupid. People here complain about all of the wasted bandwidth and duplicated programming of RSN programming would bring to dish. Well, Local Channels do the same thing as during primetime every local channel is duplicating the same programming!

Dish may of broke the law with that or cheated RSN out of local ad slots.

D* does things the right way uses your RSN + your RSN over flows for the College Football in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts