Dish Online... Caprica

I can tell you this much. The video quality of the HD version is in the toilet. Looks like poorly upscaled SD. Tons of artifacts, etc.

Hmm. I downloaded it and watched it. I don't recall seeing any digital artifacts. Most of the scenes were in dark rooms or at night, so the whole thing was really testing the digital encoding of dark areas. A place where MPEG2 tended to fail. I found the image to be somewhat grainy, though I expect that was the intention of the director.

For a pilot show, not bad. A little better than other Syfy produced shows. I could tell they were trying to do more with less and trying to give a Film look to the shots. unfortunately other times they didn't try enough and shots would look like some guy with a video camera shooting it.

The premise of the show, so far, seems interesting and I'll definitely add it to the DVR. For how long it stays depends on if they can improve their writing some.

It looked good to me in HD a week or so ago when I saw it. The film it was shot on was grainy, but the series is after a dark gritty look anyway. Not as gritty as BSG, but it had a similar feel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)