Dish online says I have 3 receivers?

guerra

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 29, 2007
San Francisco/Tracy
After reading the thread about the price hike coming up soon, I logged into my Dish account online to make sure I was still on the DVR Advantage plan. When I logged on for the first time since god knows when, I noticed that under "My Equipment" it says I have three receivers. The VIP 622 (which I do have and connected to two tv's), a 2800 and a 4722. Now where on earth did the 2800 and the 4722 appear from?

I double checked my statements and it doesn't look like I'm being charged for the 2800 or the 4722...but yet somehow they are listed under my account when I don't even have these receivers! What should I do? Should I call customer service about it? The site also lists the receiver number and the smart card number for both of these devices...can this be a goof up on Dish Network's part?

One more thing I forgot to add, the VIP 622 is hooked up to the telephone line, shouldn't that let Dish know that that's the ONLY receiver I have and not the other two?

did you have the other receivers and upgrade to the the 622?? b/c i upgrade my 625 to a 722 and now under my equipment it shows that I have the VIP 622 and the VIP 722 and the 625! i do have the other 2 the 622 and 722) but the 625 is deactivated. i called dish network and they told me that the 625 is deactivated but just not cleared from the account! and that was about a week ago and now its off of my account! you may want to call them just to doubl;e check though!

The same thing happened to me for some reason E* still has my old 3900 receiver on thier records, when I spoke to them about it I was told that it shows as an inactive receiver. I asked them to remove it and was told that it will stay there because that was the reciever that opened my account. I am not happy about it but since it shows as inactive on the csr's computer then that was good enough.

After reading the thread about the price hike coming up soon, I logged into my Dish account online to make sure I was still on the DVR Advantage plan. When I logged on for the first time since god knows when, I noticed that under "My Equipment" it says I have three receivers. The VIP 622 (which I do have and connected to two tv's), a 2800 and a 4722. Now where on earth did the 2800 and the 4722 appear from?

I double checked my statements and it doesn't look like I'm being charged for the 2800 or the 4722...but yet somehow they are listed under my account when I don't even have these receivers! What should I do? Should I call customer service about it? The site also lists the receiver number and the smart card number for both of these devices...can this be a goof up on Dish Network's part?

One more thing I forgot to add, the VIP 622 is hooked up to the telephone line, shouldn't that let Dish know that that's the ONLY receiver I have and not the other two?
All we can do is guess also where they came from. Call DISH and ask them and no the 622 dosen't tell what is connected on you account it only reports back that it is connected.

Before the 622, I did have a Philips 4700 and a JVC 2800. But I most definitely did NOT have a 4722. This is the picture it shows for the 4722 under my account:

625-RCVR-PUR.jpg

I upgraded to the 622 way back in the summer, so I'm thinking I should call them and ask them what the deal is?

The same thing happened to me for some reason E* still has my old 3900 receiver on thier records, when I spoke to them about it I was told that it shows as an inactive receiver. I asked them to remove it and was told that it will stay there because that was the reciever that opened my account. I am not happy about it but since it shows as inactive on the csr's computer then that was good enough.

Wow they said they couldn't remove it because that was the receiver you used to open your account? IMO, that's dumb. What difference does it make knowing which receiver you used to open an account with Dish? Maybe you should call again and talk to another CSR :confused:

Well, thanks all for your replies. I'll give them a call and ask what's up. Thanks!

At first, my account showed old receivers that had long since been taken off my account and either sold or sent in to Dish. The CSR said it didn't matter, but I insisted that he take them off my account--and he did. Now my inventory is correct.

Ah, the old "xx22" models, I remember those.

A "4722" would have been a package containing a 4700 receiver, a dish500 with two dual LNBFs and two SW21 switches.

I know this because my first receiver was a 7222 which was a 7200 dishplayer with the dish500.

Generally Dish & Bell do not remove "inactive" receivers from an account UNTIL it is activated on someone else's account.

At one point I had 18 receivers showing on my account and when I talked to the CEO office they explained this to me. The funny part is that three of the receivers are actually on my brother's account. Several of the others were systems I had warranty issues with and Dish replaced them with other units!!!!

I gave several of them to my brother AND I had to give Dish his name & phone number so that he could add them!!!!

Now my account shows six receivers after the CEO's office rep removed all the inactive ones!

Saves a lot of explaining when I have to call in about any issues!!!!

I had one receiver there that I sold on eBay over a year ago and another that I never had.

I called CSR and the receivers were removed instantly. There was no problem.

The old receiver that was there was the original primary receiver but a newer receiver became the prime one later but still there was no problem removing the receivers.

If you have a problem, call again. I am sure eventually you will get someone who knows what they are doing.

I checked and my old Dish 6000 is still under "my equipment" on their website. I called last night and she told me it was listed as 'deactivated" and not to worry about it.

Same with me, I have two receivers that I sold long, long ago showing up on my account, but they are flagged as "inactive". Don't know why or if it makes a difference (does not seem to in any way)

I have a receiver listed on there that the installer took about 1 month ago. I am not that worried as i have a signed form from him showing he took it. i figure it would take about 2 months until he sent it back , they processed etc.. if it is on there after 3 months, i will call them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)