Dish OTA Dongle

There was period of time when if Locals were available, they were included whether you wanted them or not. Sure, you can remove them now, but doing so with the malfunctioning OTA Dongle defeats the purpose.

Obviously, if it were that important, I would be trying to take action against Dish. But the OTA was purchased years ago, so there is no warranty. I should have returned it as soon as I bought it since it didn't work out of the box, but it was one of those, "we're working on it, please be patient" situations. Eventually an update came down from Dish and the dongle worked like it was designed. A year later another update came and broke the Dongle again. That was a year ago and I'll moan here every chance I get. Maybe Dish will get tired of my trashing Hopper OTA Modules every chance I get and will send me a free one to shut me up.

I may end up buying Claude a round or three over in the Pub and trade Dish stories. Really, I continue to enjoy Dish, I will never get Comcast, and since AT&T bought DirecTV and killed U-verse, that option is gone. If my AT&T U-verse Internet was faster I would probably ditch the Dish and go to full IPTV-mode.

Edit: Hmmmm, my whine made me think I should go open a proper bottle of wine.:drunk

:sorrysign
UVerse is alive and kicking. You do have to buy a used Slingbox off eBay to get the Uverse Anywhere feature. They were giving $300 rebates not long ago, the same as DirecTV.

Wow! 123 OTA channels. That is something like friends in LA. They get about that many. NW OR/SW WA coasts, we get 17.
The last time I checked we get a over 170 channels, and they keep adding more channels.

Speaking of new OTA channels: Quest Channel was added here in LA (46.5) over a month ago. Quest seems to feature programs that had previously aired years ago on History, Discovery, Military Channel. AHC, et al. or at least programs one would have seen on those channels. Some of the programming on Quest I remember having watched years ago. NO NEW content, of course, just years old previously aired content.