Dish Platinum Protection! Is it worth it?

Conway

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
Guys and Gals I am thinking about upgrading to the Dish protect platinum! Is it worth it?. We have lots of computers, tv's, gaming equipment, tablets, blu ray players etc.... What are you thoughts? Do any of you have it? Thanks

Oh, Hell No! I'm going on 19 yrs with Dish and never needed to use even basic protection plan. If you do have a problem, talk your way out being charged (it's easy), or faling that, just sign up for the basic for six months? It's one of their ways to increase revenue. No Dis on Dish, they have to try, but you don't don't need it!

I was mainly thinking about signing up just for the electronics coverage.. for $300 a year with a $50 deductible they will repair or replace the tv, xbox, etc... Thats the only thing I am interested in. I do own all of my dish equipment as well. I own 2 hopper 3 and Wally and 3 Joey 3's. So it's something I am pondering. I am wanting to know if anyone here has used the coverage to replace or repair a device in the home. We have thousands of dollars worth here. Thanks again. If it was just for dish equipment coverage then I say NO! Thank You for your input!

What are the terms? If your Xbox or TV fail they'll replace it? On what conditions? Seems to good to be true, almost.
As far as I read there is a $50 deductible. They will attempt to repair or replace and in some cases it says they will pay you what your device is worth that the time.

I had that on my Directv account at $25/mo

My 65 inch plasma died!

Wife goes out and buys a new Tv, and made the delivery guys haul away the old one.

She wanted an new Tv immediately and then she didn’t want to see the old tv sitting in the family room waiting for the warranty claim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Wow
Reactions: dennispap
Knock on wood, I've had to replace one TV and the stereo in the last 5 years. We have two TVs, two X-boxes, the stereo, multiple computers (desktop & laptops) and the Wii. So if I had the "Platinum Protection", I would have spent $1500 on the premium, $50 for the TV replacement, $50 for the stereo replacement AND have to wait (if not go through major hoops) to get the stereo & TV fixed/replaced. I know we spent <$1K on the replacements, AND had them the day we wanted/needed them (of course on a weekend).

Reactions: dishdude
Salt that $25 away in a savings account every month. You will probably have more than enough saved when a component fails. Do you think their bean counters would allow them to loose money on this offer - NO!

Yea, but think of how many people have it on their account and don’t realize it?

Same reason why I always decline the extended warranty when buying anything.

Every time I buy an item at the computer store they offer my extended warranty.

By the time the manufactures warranty expires, and even if I remember I bought the extended warranty it’s time to buy a new one.

Only people who benefit from these warranties are people who have sulfur water

Yea, but think of how many people have it on their account and don’t realize it?

Same reason why I always decline the extended warranty when buying anything.

Every time I buy an item at the computer store they offer my extended warranty.

By the time the manufactures warranty expires, and even if I remember I bought the extended warranty it’s time to buy a new one.

Only people who benefit from these warranties are people who have sulfur water

I decline 99% of the extended warranties on electronics. My two exceptions... cell phones (subject to drops & cracked screens). And I got it (I think it was $5-10 for two year) for our universal remote, for the same reason. TVs, stereos, computers, satellite receivers, etc that sit in one place, no.

Reactions: TheKrell
Otra ves. If they were paying out more than they take in with subscriptions, they would not offer you this lottery.

Reactions: TheKrell
Sometimes
I bought a warranty on my refrigerator from Lowes back in 05 . We had Hurricane Rita come through and our refrigerator had to be replaced because of no power for two weeks when we had to evacuate. Never forget the rotten meat smell. It ruined most people's refrigerators and freezers in our area. My warranty kicked in and they gave me almost my purchase price back. So I could buy another refrigerator , once they had some in the stores. But as a rule most of my stuff I put warranties on have failures after the warranty expires. Especially most appliances I bought these last 10 years.

I bought a warranty on my refrigerator from Lowes back in 05 . We had Hurricane Rita come through and our refrigerator had to be replaced because of no power for two weeks when we had to evacuate. Never forget the rotten meat smell. It ruined most people's refrigerators and freezers in our area. My warranty kicked in and they gave me almost my purchase price back. So I could buy another refrigerator , once they had some in the stores. But as a rule most of my stuff I put warranties on have failures after the warranty expires. Especially most appliances I bought these last 10 years.
Best Buy extended warranties saved my A-- on two TVs. Extended warranty paid off bunches of times for one of our cars. Also the extended warranty really helped us out on appliances too.

Reactions: dennispap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)