Dish Pro,DP34,721 & 301 connection

bd102

Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
I have a Dish Pro Dish with a QUAD LNBF, but only TWO are used, I purchased
a 721 PVR and a DP34 switch..here's the problem...when I attempt to use
the switch I always have success with getting one tuner working and recieving 119, but I can't get tuner 2 to work to get 110, If I REMOVE the
switch and run the cable directly to the tuners it works GREAT!, I get both
tuners and with 119 and 110. I purchased a NEW DP 34 taken out of the sealed box. I want to use the 721 in the living room, and then continue
using my (2) 301's in the bedrooms. Why when using the switch I lose
tuner 2 and 110? I have spent HOURS on the phone with Dish Network. :confused:

The problem is how you're wiring up your LNB to your switch. If memory serves, you have to either run the ODD or EVEN ports out of the Quad LNB into your DP34. You can't just run port #1 and #2 right into it

Technically, when adding a DP Quad to a DP34, you are supposed to use either ports 1 & 2 or ports 3 & 4. However, this is a waste. Just drop a new line from the Quad. Since it supports 4 tuners out of the box, you have wasted money on the unneeded DP34.

webbydude is actually bass-ackwards. You SHOULD use one ODD and one EVEN port from the Quad. The odd goes to input #1 of the DP34, even to #2.

Larry: you're right at a technical level, but I smell a cabling issue (as in can't/won't run the extra feed from the dish). Dunno why, just do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts