Dish Pro Plus 44 install question

John Corn

The Coach / Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
1,244
19
North Canton, Ohio.
Will I need to use a Dish Pro Twin or Dish Pro Quad along with my Dish Pro plus 44 switch to hook up these receivers......921, 522, 508?

I realize I will need 2 separators, 1 for the 921 and 1 for the 522.

What is the purpose of the Power Inserter? It looks like it's made to hook to one of the RG6 cables coming out of the switch......am I correct?

Thanks
 
The power inserter powers the dpp44, beware of using a dpquad and the dpp44 with the 921 mine worked fine at first, now I do not get all transponders on 110 on my 921, my 6000u and my replacement 501 are fine...I think its a software thing, Simon can fill you in I believe...And I think there are no problems with the dpptwin in this regard...
 
It makes no sense to use a DPPlus Twin with a DPP44 - waste of money.

As dfergie says, you're better off using a DP Twin than a DP Quad with the DPP44.

The power inserter needs to be attached to the coax going to Port #1 of the DPP44. In your case, it's "safest" to put the 508 on port #1 with the inserter, and keep the DPP Separators separate. No real reason - just general concepts. ;)

And dfergie: have you tried resetting the DPP44 itself? Remove ALL power from ALL sources - receivers and inserter. This will hard reboot the receivers, too. ;)
 
Thanks, I wasn't on planning to use a DP Plus Twin or DP Plus Quad with a DPP44, I knew that wouldn't work.

I just wasn't sure how many feeds I would have using a Dish Pro Twin along with the DPP44 or exactly how many feeds I would have using a Dish Pro Quad along with the DPP44.

Right now I only have 1 Dish Pro Plus Separator, I was thinking If I'm going to use a DP Twin, I better get another separator.

I need to fee a 921, 522, and a 508.
 
SimpleSimon said:
And dfergie: have you tried resetting the DPP44 itself? Remove ALL power from ALL sources - receivers and inserter. This will hard reboot the receivers, too. ;)
Yup, unhooked receiver power, receiver coaxes, dpp power inserter... same same, I am going to try different coax from the quad to the dpp44 (I have tried different cables and ports, but the cables were same type)
 
dfergie said:
Yup, unhooked receiver power, receiver coaxes, dpp power inserter... same same, I am going to try different coax from the quad to the dpp44 (I have tried different cables and ports, but the cables were same type)

Do you have a DPP Separator feed to your 921? I FINALLY got my 921 to work properly with my DPP44 switch after Dish's 921 support team told me that this is the ONLY way (currently?) for the 921 to work correctly with the DPP44 switch. Prior to my using the separator, I could only get odd transponders and the switch check matrix didn't display "61.5". Now all is working correctly and I'm getting to all 4 orbital locations (148, 119, 110, 61.5). However, I've noticed my 921 "slowing down" on responsiveness to the remote. I'm having to do a daily reboot in addition to the automagic reboot done nightly. A minor "nit" to being able to see both CBSHD-E and CBSHD-W (I am eligible for either and receive both).

Oh, LNBs: DPTwin for 110/119, DP Dual for 148, DP Single for 61.5 and DPP44 switch.

Dave
 
davhol said:
Do you have a DPP Separator feed to your 921? I FINALLY got my 921 to work properly with my DPP44 switch after Dish's 921 support team told me that this is the ONLY way (currently?) for the 921 to work correctly with the DPP44 switch. Prior to my using the separator, I could only get odd transponders and the switch check matrix didn't display "61.5". Now all is working correctly and I'm getting to all 4 orbital locations (148, 119, 110, 61.5). However, I've noticed my 921 "slowing down" on responsiveness to the remote. I'm having to do a daily reboot in addition to the automagic reboot done nightly. A minor "nit" to being able to see both CBSHD-E and CBSHD-W (I am eligible for either and receive both).

Oh, LNBs: DPTwin for 110/119, DP Dual for 148, DP Single for 61.5 and DPP44 switch.

Dave
Just saw this one. I replied in your thread... but I am like you I get both Cbshd's....:) I just ordered a Seperator and I do no get all transponders on 110 just like you and these include my "locals" , so I also ordered some coax as I could not find any specs on the Rg6 ava locally...
 

Live Retailer Chat Recap - January 26, 2005

522 Installation