DISH Protect

lgb0250

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2006
Will DISH move equipment under the DISH Protect program? Signed up for it today hoping they will rather than paying the $95 they wanted to roll it. Even if I cancel after a month a get the $30 penalty it’s still the. Heater way out.

Something knocked out my H3 today. Pic just flickers and sound just sputters. Joey in bedroom works fine. they have rolled a truck that will be here in the am. I am hoping it is just aN HDMI cable that has went bad. The problem is that they mounted the H3 in my entertainment cabinet and ran the HDMI cable under the house and back up over the fireplace. there is no way I can get under my house anymore due to medical problems. Was hoping they could just move the H3 to in the recess above the fireplace making it possible to use a much shorter cable without having to go through the change of life to get it done. Then again, it could possibly just be a bad H3 but with the Joey still working I doubt it.

May be H3, TV or cable problem.

Have you tried removing the HDMI plug at each end of the cable and re-inserting it maybe just a loss of continuity at either HDMI plug.

Even the Joey working may still be the HDMI output on the H3 or the cable itself or the TV.

Can you place another TV at the fireplace for testing purposes to see if the other TV also glitches?

Reactions: charlesrshell
thanks for the reply. Have no other tv that is not wall mounted to test with. But, I was able to find another HDMI cable that was long enough to reach directly from the tv to the H3. No luck. Problem still persists. Screen continues to do nothing but flicker between slightly light to dark and sound flickers in and out for a millisecond at a time. Not even long enough to decipher what was said. No matter what happens today I think I am still going to ask them to move the H3 to the alcove above the fireplace. While this cable appears to be ok, it will go out someday and I won’t be able to replace it myself the way it’s setup right now. I’m beginning to believe the tv may be bricked! Never thought I’d say I hope my H3 is what’s bricked. Would be my third one now.

thanks for the reply. Have no other tv that is not wall mounted to test with. But, I was able to find another HDMI cable that was long enough to reach directly from the tv to the H3. No luck. Problem still persists. Screen continues to do nothing but flicker between slightly light to dark and sound flickers in and out for a millisecond at a time. Not even long enough to decipher what was said. No matter what happens today I think I am still going to ask them to move the H3 to the alcove above the fireplace. While this cable appears to be ok, it will go out someday and I won’t be able to replace it myself the way it’s setup right now. I’m beginning to believe the tv may be bricked! Never thought I’d say I hope my H3 is what’s bricked. Would be my third one now.
I have to agree on the TV. The storms that came through over the weekend here had me at several houses where lightning/surges killed the customer's TV(s) and at one, the HDMI Inputs

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I lost the HDMI on two or three TVs in a row due to electrical storms. I put an HDMI surge suppressor on each end of the cable, and the current TV has lasted a few years now. Of course, I have no way to be sure that the suppressor is the reason.

Reactions: TheKrell
Tech showed up and looked at what was happening with the tv and said it was definitely the tv, not the H3, even though he never checked the H3 at all. Didn’t press him on it because I totally agreed with him. Asked hm to move the H3 and he said he couldn’t do anything and I would have to request an equipment move.

Reactions: charlesrshell