DISH Protection Plan

That document is from 2012. They have since officially lowered it to $10. I'm not sure of the date when they lowered it but I'm sure they did lower it. I know this because that's what we're allowed to charge directly when we go on a service plan covered service call. Sometimes it pays for the gas to get there. :biggrin

Reactions: charlesrshell
Upon further investigation,
Hall is correct about his findings.
The protection plan says $10 in home fee on the support page, but under the PDF, mine also says $15.

Screenshot_20161027-070330.png

Screenshot_20161027-070319.png

But as I already Stated in 2015 I was quoted $10.
Even in February when I was Quoted a Hopper 3 upgrade they wanted to charge me a $10 in home visit on top of the $50 4k joey fee.

That is what is linked from Dish's website.

https://www.mydish.com/ > click "Legal", then "Protection Plan Terms and Conditions"

I've noticed that there are a lot of documents linked to on the Dish web site that are out of date. Some know it all on an Exede forum argued vehemently that there's still a $5 charge for the second TV on a 722K because he found some old document on the Dish site that said there was so he argued over and over that they still charge it, even though install 722K's often for customers and there is no more $5 additional TV charge.

I'm sure that the service plan charge is now $10 as it's something we retailers are very familiar with and deal with regularly. :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
I've noticed that there are a lot of documents linked to on the Dish web site that are out of date ... because he found some old document on the Dish site
Oh, I know what you mean - search for channel line-up lists on their site, for example. That's different though if you're searching and their search tool digs up something. The 'agreement' I am using or referring to isn't buried in search results, it's listed right there next to the residential customer agreement, DHA agreement, etc, etc.

In the end, I don't care if the charge is $10 or $15. People were looking for changes, pointed that one out, and I found what indicates is the current charge. Not my fault if Dish's left hand doesn't know what it's right hand is doing ! :biggrin

Essentially, Dish (and other companies with similar plans) reserve the right to "waive" any charges or other requriements. So, in other words, if one is a long time customer in good standing with Protection Plan, Dish MAY not charge you as per terms. That is up to Dish to decide.

These terms seem to be appropriate legal "cover" for Dish for certain, let's say, problem customers with Protectio Plan. As many have stated, they have had tech visits and other services as NOT being charged to them as per terms of Protection Plan. I really think Dish wants to cover those on Protection Plan free of additonal charges as per the Terms, in most cases, but Dish MUST have terms in place that it can decide to enforce for those who are problem subscribers and seem to abuse the Protecton Plan. Although the terms forbid it, it has been clear that Dish does allow subscribers the option of adding Protection Plan at the time Dish knows the system or STB's are NOT in good working order, and this is a smart move along with imposeing a minum period to keep Protection Plan active without a penalty fee. It's a lot like in small business or small local retail where they have signs posted with all these polices and conditions and fees, but then the owner says, "Oh, that's not for you (long time customer who buys things, no returned checks and never a problem customer); that's for the other people I don't know or who are problems." I think Protectio Plan works something like that, but Dish is within its rights to charge whoever as per Terms of Protection Plan when they feel like it.

Yes, that's their CYA clause that lets them charge that if they want to. Most companies do similarly. How many people have gotten "courtesy credits" for something? That's their make-you-feel-special way of saying "we could charge you a fee but won't this time".

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: dare2be
So giant meteor impact is covered..?
HUZZAH..!
Looks like we're all set come election day.

What isn’t covered? This Plan doesn’t cover anything. Any failure due to the following is not covered: SERVICE, MAINTENANCE, REPAIR, OR REPLACEMENT DUE TO ANY LOSS RESULTING FROM USAGE OTHER THAN NORMAL USAGE AND BEYOND OUR NORMAL CONTROL SUCH AS: DAMAGE DUE TO MISUSE, ABUSE, INSECT OR OTHER INFESTATION, FIRE, WATER, FOREIGN SUBSTANCES, ORGANIC MATERIALS, WINDSTORM, HAIL, EARTHQUAKE, THEFT, TERRORISM/WAR, NEGLIGENCE, RIOT, OR ACTS OF GOD; INSTALLATION AND INSTALLATION WORKMANSHIP, IF THE INSTALLATION WAS NOT PERFORMED BY AN AUTHORIZED SERVICE PROVIDER OR RETAILER OF DISH NETWORK PRODUCTS; INSTALLATIONS NOT GROUNDED IN ACCORDANCE WITH DISH NETWORK STANDARDS; RE-INSTALLATION AND/OR THE RE-CONNECTION OF YOUR PRODUCT(S), IF PRODUCT REPLACEMENT IS SHIPPED TO YOU; EXTERIOR OR COSMETIC ITEMS OF THE PRODUCT INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PAINT, FINISH, BEZEL, CORDS, CABLES, AND CONNECTORS; NON-OPERATING COMPONENTS OF THE PRODUCT; INTERNAL SOFTWARE, BATTERIES, AND COMPONENTS NOT ESSENTIAL TO BASIC PRODUCT FUNCTIONALITY; ANY COMPONENT OR PRODUCT THAT HAS BEEN OPENED, TAMPERED WITH, REPAIRED, OR OTHERWISE ACCESSED BY ANYONE OTHER THAN AN AUTHORIZED SERVICE PROVIDER; REPAIR OF PRODUCT UPON NONCOMPLIANCE BY YOU OF ANY PART OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES SECTION IN THIS PLAN; COVERAGE, COMPONENTS, PRODUCTS, OR ITEMS NOT SPECIFICALLY LISTED IN THIS PLAN; SERVICE OUTSIDE OF OUR SERVICE AREA WHICH IS THE CONTINENTAL U.S., HAWAII, PUERTO RICO, THE VIRGIN ISLANDS AND PORTIONS OF ALASKA; AND YOUR MONITOR, TELEVISION OR EQUIPMENT RELATED TO YOUR TELEVISION.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)