Dish Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

winterdude

Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
OK. I currently have Cable and I'm looking at possibly getting Dish because I can combine it with my phone company. So I have some questions.

Do you need a satellite box for each TV? If so must you pay per box you have?

Does it really go out everytime bad weather hits?

Are you commited to keeping the service or can you cancel any time without any fees?

OK. I currently have Cable and I'm looking at possibly getting Dish because I can combine it with my phone company. So I have some questions.

Do you need a satellite box for each TV? If so must you pay per box you have?

Does it really go out everytime bad weather hits?

Are you commited to keeping the service or can you cancel any time without any fees?

Welcome to Satelliteguys.

You do not need a receiver for every TV. There are dual tuner receivers available:
322 (SD no DVR), 625 (SDDVR), and the 622 (HDDVR). The firstbox is included in the programmin fee, there is a charge for each receiver after that. For the DVRs there is also a DVR fee unless you sub to the Everything pack, then it is waived. With dual tuner receivers, they must be hooked into an active phone line or there is a charge for the second tuner (kind of like an additional receiver charge).

The weather has to be really bad or the dish not aligned properly for the signal to go out. In 9 years, I have lost my signal maybe 5 times. It comes back once the weather lightens up.

Whether or not there is a commitment depends on the plan you sign up for. Since you are combining with the telco, call them up and see what your options are.

Scott

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)