Dish Re-Pointing Questions

teid

Original poster
May 11, 2006
Existing Setup:

I currently have one dish pointed @ 110 and 119 (American Channels) and another dish pointed @ 61.5 (HD and international channels). I honestly do not know which switch I currently have with this setup.

New Setup:

In order to receive newly added channels, what I now need is to pick up channels from 110 and 119 (American Channels) and from 118.7 (International Channels) and 72.7 (HD Channels). I will no longer need to be pointed to 61.5 after that.

Can someone tell me how many and which dishes do I need for the new setup combined with which switch (es)?

Thanks.

You can get the HD channels, all of them, on 129 as well. A western arc dish will give you 110, 19, and 129. You can add a the 118.7 as a separate dish.

Hmmm, since you have 61.5 in your setup I would call Dish Network and ask them if they can upgrade your dish to a 1000+ (119, 118.7,100, 129).

Did you receive anything in the mail about upgrading your dish equipment? You have HD channels and Internationals, you should have received something in the mail or a call.

If you have all VIP receivers, they may go with an eastern arc dish with a 500+ dish for your 118.7 internationals. If you have mPeg2 receivers, then 500+ with a wing dish for 72.7 for all your core HD. Hopefully for your sake, I hope you don't get your HD locals from 61.5. If you do, you have a decision to make. A 44 switch is what the name states "4" sats in, "4" receivers out. If you have 61.5 for HD locals, you need to decide, 110, 119, 118.7, 129 or 110, 119, 118.7, 72.7 or 110, 119, 118.7 61.5. There are ways to get 5 sats into a 44 switch, but nine of ten installers are not goig to know how to do it. Probably best bet is the EA dish with the 500+ wing dish. That would give you 61.5, 72.7, 77 and 118.7, (with a 44 switch) that would cover all the bases I believe!! Good luck!

If your locals are on 61.5
and you have mpeg4 recs
and don't plan on adding more int'l channels
you can switch to the 1K.4

If your locals are on 119 or 110
and you have line of sight to 129
you can switch over to the 118.7 dish with an extra lnb for 129 (1000+) and a dpp44

Existing Setup:

I currently have one dish pointed @ 110 and 119 (American Channels) and another dish pointed @ 61.5 (HD and international channels). I honestly do not know which switch I currently have with this setup.

New Setup:

In order to receive newly added channels, what I now need is to pick up channels from 110 and 119 (American Channels) and from 118.7 (International Channels) and 72.7 (HD Channels). I will no longer need to be pointed to 61.5 after that.

Can someone tell me how many and which dishes do I need for the new setup combined with which switch (es)?

Thanks.

It would help to know where you live, it does make a difference. Also what and how many receivers you have.
Things to keep in mind are that the 72.7 is MPEG 4 which might require you to up grade a receiver depending on what you are using now. Are you sure you won't need 61.5 for anything at all? locals? According to what I read on this forum Dish is trying to get away from so called hybrid or mixed solutions unless you set this up your self you might not be able to get Dish to do exactly what you want...
As far as the existing switch goes if you have a cable running from the 61.5 to the 110/119 then you have a built in switch. Depending on what yo end up doinf you may need a SW44 which also requires an external power supply. I think it is also recommended to protect it from the elements.

Good luck

Ross

Thanks for all the responses so far.

I live in NH close to the Boston area. Unless I am wrong, I have my HD locals (Boston) on 61.5. Also, I have 4 VIP-211 receivers. I have not received anything from Dish regarding re-pointing.

Based on that, what do you guys recommend as far as dishes and switches?

Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)