Dish Remote 40.0 Learning Mode

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gpflepsen

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
SE NE
After some frustrations it trying to program the 40.0 AUX button for a Channelmaster DVR+ (CM7500), I thought I'd make a post here with some useful information gained from my experience.

You would think just following the menu prompts for teaching the remote button functions would suffice, but no it is beholden to the programmers shortcomings writing the code. Learning mode does not function with the remote paired to the Joey 4k! I'm not sure about the current learning functionality with the H3 or previous generation of the Hopper system. Dish seems to be trying to idiot proof the system functions, and in doing so they are removing flexibility and making gaps in what used to be possible.

So, with the failed Dish Learning routine, I tried to do it the old fashioned way by placing the remote into Learning mode, but needed to search for the button sequences to get there. All the documentation from DISH seems to have expunged this information from their support documents of the 40.0 remote!

I found an older (2011?) 40.0 remote guide that still has this information at the FCC, so I'll add it here for future reference as a link and some images.

https://fccid.io/pdf.php?id=1523454

Learn 1.jpg

Learn 2.jpg

Learn 3.jpg

I tried following this as I've had a problem programming special keys since I got my H3 but one of the steps in the manual process mentions pressing the record key but on the new remote record is in a sub menu not its own key. When I try using the automated method nothing happens. If anyone has any ideas it is a Samsung TV and I'm trying to program the sleep timer button. I've tried programming it to the x and arrow buttons on the bottom row (because there really aren't any other keys that basically do nothing) but have not had success.

I tried following this as I've had a problem programming special keys since I got my H3 but one of the steps in the manual process mentions pressing the record key but on the new remote record is in a sub menu not its own key. When I try using the automated method nothing happens. If anyone has any ideas it is a Samsung TV and I'm trying to program the sleep timer button. I've tried programming it to the x and arrow buttons on the bottom row (because there really aren't any other keys that basically do nothing) but have not had success.
The above learning instructions are for the 40.0 remote. It sounds like you have either the 50.0 or 52.0 remote.

Yesterday I could not get my 40.0 remote to enter Learning mode according to the above instructions. But, low and behold, the programming interface from the Joey 4k menu did work. I don't understand the problem I had.

You are correct. I have the 52. I realized that after I posted. I thought because you had a 4K Joey you had the same problem and tried to make the old directions work on the newer remote. Sorry.

I still would appreciate if anyone has any suggestions on getting it to work on the 52.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)