Dish Remote Access/Mac Browsers

j.vo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 4, 2004
I am finding that slinging my 922 to my Macbook Pro is practically unusable. I have tried both Safari and Firefox with current versions. It will work, especially if I find a channel and leave it alone. Changing channels or stream quality eventually leads to loss of stream. Reconnecting sometimes works, but will consistently crash the browser. Often on disconnect, I cannot reconnect. I think the 922 is still connected to their website and thinks that I am still connected.

I don't know why DISH insists on us going through the browser instead of an application. I would not have any problem with this if it were stable and just worked.

I love DISH, but I am so close to shelving the 922 and buying a 722 and a separate sling box. I don't have time to screw with beta testing the 922.

Don't you just love the fact, to add insult to injury, that we paid at least $200 to be Charlie's 922 beta testers? I think that he owes refunds or at least credits to everyone that paid for their 922, especially those of us that bought them back in April, when they first came out, thinking the Beta testing had already been completed & it was good to go. I guess I shouldn't have trusted Charlie eh?

Hell, we couldn't even watch movies off of the EHD until the end of July, which was what..3.5 months after getting it? No updates since then(and no ETA on when or even if another update is coming..maybe Charlie has already moved on to the 923 with Google TV!), going on 1.5 months now & of course no external hard drive archiving, which I'm beginning to wonder if it will ever happen, since NO ONE at Dish knows a thing about it..it's like speaking in a foreign language to them! What a joke, but sadly, the joke's on us & we were all duped!!

We should have been compensated for being Charlie's beta testers or at least gotten it for free if they knew(which they clearly did, unless they're even more incompetent & clueless then I think they are, which I guess is possible..a scary thought!) that it wasn't even close to being ready for a roll-out to the consumer! Does anyone at Dish actually read these boards or even care a little? I guess my experience over the last 10 years had been so good with Dish, that I never saw this coming. Maybe I was just lucky I guess after reading many of the comments here & other places.

I'd be happy & not even leaving this comment if Dish would AT LEAST COMMUNICATE with it's so called "VALUED CUSTOMERS" & just give us some type of time frame, even a lose one, as to when they'll resolve these issues & fix the 922! I mean by the end of this month, next month, the end of year, next year..never..I mean GIVE US SOMETHING, instead of your utter & complete silence on these issues..it's beyond ridiculous at this point!!

How can Charlie, in good conscience, put out a new "FLAGSHIP" receiver, which he's been bragging & excited about for years, showing it off at every show he could; when it doesn't even have the very basic functions & features of the VIP722 that we've all been so happy with for years. He really thought that was okay & would be acceptable to his tech savvy customers, who would immediately realize what was missing the second they got one?!

Oh yeah & he hooked everyone with the "slingloaded" BS, which hardly ever works anyway & has a ton of problems, which is in addition to all of the other very basic features we don't even have yet. Just add these features yesterday Charlie & we'll all be happy, how hard can it be..I mean 5 months later & you & your professional tech guys still can't figure out how to add basic features from the 722 to your "FLAGSHIP" 922? REALLY?!! Instead of "LET'S WATCH TV™", how about "LET'S ARCHIVE OUR SHOWS™?!!"

Maybe Charlie fired all of the old tech guys & the new guys are having to reverse engineer the 722 to even figure out how the hell they even made it & that's why it's taking so long..LOL!

I guess it's always easier & cheaper to just take advantage of your current, loyal & unsuspecting costumers, to let them unknowingly be your beta testers & hell, why not make $200+ a pop in the meantime, right? I should have just bought another 722 & added sling! I love the new interface, but I would even exchange that for the ability & absolute necessity to archive my shows to the EHD!

I guess it was a win-win for Charlie & a lose-lose for us & he's laughing all the way to the bank, with no rush or priority to give us what we are desperately clamoring for, because he already got paid & we basically got screwed!!

Thanks Charlie, we really appreciate it..NOW FIX IT!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)