Dish remote access

nuttz565

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
colorado
Hey guys I had a couple questions about the remote app. I'm currently using it for iOS and it functions nicely. I do have some things I'm trying to confirm though
1. When you pull up your dvr selection on the app does it also show you recordings you have on your external drive?
2. I'm having issues when I go into the dvr section. If I choose to display my recordings by the "date" option I find it dosent do this correctly and has the recordings scattered randomly and not displayed by the day they were recorded. Is anyone else having this problem?
3. Is there anyway in the guide area so that you can hide the sd duplicates? Can you set it up to just display your favorite channels?
Thanks guys

Answer to 1 .. yes external hard drive recordings are mixed in
#2 - Date order ... :) by chance does the date correspond to when the item was originally created? Because in DRA on the PC that's how it sorts.. example.. 2 weeks ago I recorded 2001 A Space Oddessey ... it shows at the bottom of my recordings 52nd .... it was created in 1968 ... so that's the date it used during the sort.

#3 don't know if the app can do it..

Okay so after reading your post and messing around with the app you are correct. The app sorts your recording by the date the program originated-not when it was recorded. In my opinion this is a huge fail and I hope Dish fixes this. I hope Dish can address these issues with their remote app as I feel D's app was much more polished

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

yeah.. good luck with that..

DRA has been like that for a *VERY* long time.. even after 6 months of complaining, **AND** having seen the version numbers for DRA jump THREE TIMES in six months.. the problem is still there.

Its just like with DishOnline and *its* refusal to use the names of events as *I*, the user, had named them.

An example: in the platinum pack thingy ... you get Palladia ... an MTV owned "mtv" that is.. a station that really plays ONLY music shows and videos.. I've gone back to recording a few videos I really like ... 3 minute, 5 minute, music videos etc.. .... These video's start with the name "HDNet Music" or some such thing .. I rename them to indicate the song or the artist.. and in my DVR .. all is well with the world..

BUT, go to dish online.. and all of these music videos are then grouped by the name HDNet Music Video ... and when you look at the list (currently 4 videos) they all have the same name, same description, and only the amount of time of them is different. I can't tell if one is Katy Perry, or the other Barton Hollow, or Deathcab4qt ... they are all "HDNet Music Video"

So I took my time, renamed the events, and DishOnline throws those names away, giving me something I can't use with DishOnline..

just like the date sort .... I became most pissed at that, because when I have 12 hours of prime time shows from two days to watch, and I can't remember which was which in order, or one is a show that started 6 years ago, while the rest all started in the past 3 to 5 years.. and they're all jumbled up.... it just pisses me off even more.. that this bug still exists, Dish refuses to acknowledge (no response to feedback from DRA) and still something so simple isn't fixed for a very long time.. and this date sort has existed in DRA since day one from what I've been told.

Neither Dish Remote Access ... or Dish Online ... has correctly replicated the DVR as we users have them and know to use them every single day that we're in front of them.. and so we are left with figuring out three different sets of ways to work with ONE piece of equipment.. f-ing frustrating is what it is..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)