Dish Support - Would You Be Happy?

OoTLink said:
it is. They like to piss us off. :mad:

Personally I think the little wires from the seperator should be the kind that don't require screwing on, sure they'd come off easier but they'd go on easier too :)

Hex crimps arent bad for short little jumpers and such, but they should not be used on anything that will have tension on it because they fall off to easy and should never be used outside (like the cable company likes to do).

Oh, man you really had a bad experience. You really need to complain to DISH about your experience with THAT retailer. With enough complaints, they may shut that guy down or reduce their status. I don't see any faults with you since you did the prep work and all and made the installation doable and simple enough as a standard professional installation. But as you can see, the culprit is in the delivery where the dispatcher didn't relay the right info. about a bad LNBF and a shoddy install. As far as calls and appointments go, that can be understood as I myself am a retailer and sometimes can't call a customer back. But if and when DISH Support calls us, they don't tell us to call the customer back in 30 min. If I say that we're busy and we'll call later today, they'll simply say "Oh, ok, that's fine."

But all in all, you got stuck with a bad install and bad taste for sure. Just don't recommend that retailer to your friends and/or call that retailer directly and express your woes. Sometimes, a trouble call is a trouble call and the crucial details are lost in translation. I've already complained and suggested to Retailer Services on better info. when they give us trouble calls. The notes that are left on the customer accounts are sometimes incorrect and incomprehensible.

Stargazer said:
With that many problems with the installation (and if it did not end up being a bad lnbf) I would say that the installation may have to be done completely over if there are a lot of connections in the line between the dish and receivers.

If so I'll insist that the retailer redo the entire thing since they're the ones who hacked into it to start with. It took me and another guy a good bit of time to get all the cabling done through the walls from attic to two floors down. A bit long but we don't do this every day (though certainly have the skill). I thought what I wanted probably wouldn't be a standard install -- so that's why I did so much myself. If they've messed up this work, they need to fix it. But then given my experience so far, why would I trust them to redo this right?

dishdude said:
Second of all no installer that is worth a sh!t uses hex fittings ever.
Not entirely true. I have a few Quad Shield crimp fittings in my bag for emergencies. I rarely run into QS, and can't get QS compression fittings that fit my tool.

texanmutt said:
Perhaps that is why dish uses them on the little 6" wires that come with the separator.
There's a difference between hand-pressed in the field and machine-installed at a factory. ;)

They should rerun the wires from the receivers to the dish and ground at the ground block to the same ground rod that your electric meter is grounded to.

SimpleSimon said:
There's a difference between hand-pressed in the field and machine-installed at a factory. ;)

Yea, a machine does one and hands do the other ;) . It has more to do with the quality of the connecter and the person than it has to do with the process.

Wow! I have the exact opposite experience with my install... Except for the grounding...

I had all wiring down the walls and brought to a central point in the basement. All the installer had to do was mount the dish and run the wiring down a piece of PVC pipe I installed from the attic to the basement.

The installer put the dish exactly where I wanted it. Ran the wiring and was gone in less than an hour. Installer was very happy with the work I eliminated for him.

Realized they had not even grounded the system so I did it myself... Same company installed my father-in-laws system and did not ground his either. Did it today while stuffing down some turkey. I don't think the company that did our installs are still in business.

G.

hey quad shield aside, and yes simon I know if you were doing it there wouldn't be a problem, I have never used the little jumpers that come for the separator anyways i always make them myself. And i did state you shouldn't have to pay to have it done right the first time. Hey Pos, have them redo the entire thing, with the specific ground you want, if you get someone that knows what they are doing they could explain why somethings may or may not work. good luck, sounds like with the retailer and rsp you are dealing with, you might need it

Dish Dude said:
I have never used the little jumpers that come for the separator anyways i always make them myself.
I used to - before they started supplying them. :)

I mean, yeah it's only $1 of material, and 2 minutes of time, but until I have a problem with the factory made ones, well why not?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)