Status
Not open for further replies.

John Corn

The Coach / Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
North Canton, Ohio.
Major League Baseball: Great news! DISH Network is pleased to announce that they will be carrying an additional 75 Cleveland Indians games in addition to the 75 that they already carry. That’s 150 games for Indian fans to enjoy during the 2004 Major League Baseball season.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

:? Two seasons ago Dish Network carried 150 games on FSNO.
Last year's "75 game package" was exclusively for Dish Network. Cablevision, who has prior experience in special packages just for Charlie, was more than happy to see Charlie's bluff and raise the ire of E* subs.

Last season Charlile must have seen massive churn in Northeast Ohio due to his decision not to pay the last-minute additional fee that was extorted, ahm, I mean requested of the distributing MSO's by the Indians/SportsChannel*. This press release is worded to make you think E* is giving you something more, when in reality it's the end of something less that E* subs in Indian's territory suffered in '03.

*Don't let the FOX name fool you - The Dolans still own the majority interest in FSNO. That is why FSNO has a seperate web site from FOX Sports Net. It's still "SportsChannel" - and that name still appears in the copyright statement at the end of the post-game shows.

By the way... Since when can one program provider override another's agreement? Case in point the "75 game" FSNO package on E*. One of the games that was not one of the 75 FSNO was on WGN. For the first time that I can recall, a White Sox game was blacked out on the nationally cleared coverage on WGN.
I posted a query on DBS Forums and found out that the WGN feed was carried without a blackout on D* in Cleveland as well as all cable systems in Northeast Ohio.

What about MLB Xtra Innings?

This is great news for Indian fans, but my question is: can anyone get these games or is it only for Ohio subs? I live in Calif and get FS Bay Area and it is nice but really want the whole enchilada! Any rumors or news about Dish getting the MLB package next season? I would think it would better for baseball to allow both sat companies access to this service. Many more million homes to sign up. Mike

Thanks for the reply. Sorry so late in responding. I really hope Dish gets the MLB package. I really don't want to switch sat companies. mike

John, another year of wishing? I'm pulling for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)