Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Dish to offer Multi Cam Football this season from TBS

From the Dish Tech Portal
Each Saturday, starting on 9/3 through 11/5, the new dish home (ch 100) will offer the TBS College Football Extra game available in multicam. Dish home will be pre-empted during the schedule times with a 6 screen multicam mosaic of college football. The 6 screens will be different camera angles of the same game. This will only be available for the TBS College Football game each Saturday, and will not be available for any other college football game, such as ESPN GamePlan, ESPN, ESPN2, Fox Sports Regional, or any NFL game. The audio (from ch 139) will be the same for each of the 6 video windows.

All of the current functionality of the new dish home will be available during the TBS multicam. An OpenTV enabled receiver and subscription to at least the AT60 programming package is required to view the TBS feeds.

korsjs said:
nice that they are trying to offer more. would be nice if more games were available.

Geez, with responses like that, my guess is that they are just saying, "why do we ever try?"

they already do it in europe, would be cool to see it on nfl games. Im sure theyd have to pay the nfl waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much tho to get it done anytime soon

It's not that we don't want dish to do nothing, it's just that they don't seem to give us the basic things we want, instead giving us things like this...

I'd trade multiple CMAERA (heh) angles for the NFL network and i'm not alone...Plus the NFL network would be easier since they basically just have to flip a switch...

Purogamer said:
I'd trade multiple CMAERA (heh) angles for the NFL network and i'm not alone...Plus the NFL network would be easier since they basically just have to flip a switch...
You might get both. :)
I addition, for them to do the football games its not that hard, the portal is already setup, it just comes down to them switching the 6 channels which are being shown now to another 6 channels.

I applaud Dish Network for this move.

My daughter who lives in Atlanta has told me that TBS in Atlanta is a digital signal. Could it be that TBS will be going to HD just like TNT? You can not do multiple angles without HD bandwith! Hummmm!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)