Dish VS DirecTV

Me - no way I could deal with the molasses response of a TiVo.

If I can't get 2 clicks a second, I'm ticked off. My 921 even slows down too much when it's recording an HD plus SD plus playing back an HD.

SimpleSimon said:
Me - no way I could deal with the molasses response of a TiVo.

If I can't get 2 clicks a second, I'm ticked off. My 921 even slows down too much when it's recording an HD plus SD plus playing back an HD.

Not to mention TiVo's soon-to-be-newest-feature: Pop-Up Ads

Just to throw in my 5 cents...

I am a D* subscriber for 4 years - and I also got E* 2 1/2 weeks ago for an international channel that I wanted.

I have DirecTivos and a DVR 508.

For me the show stopper in switching everything to E* was the lack of Season passes on the 508. I spend maybe 5 minutes every 3 month going through my season passes on D* and have all shows that I want recorded whenever they are on. On the E* DVR I have to go through once a week and setup the shows I want - or confirm that they didn't change time slots if they are setup for weekly recordings.

The DirecTivo response times in the Search function are actually much quicker - and you only have to start 'typing' the name until the right names pop up next to the search entry screen - you don't have to hit a search button. The guide on the DirecTivo is very slow - but I rarely use the guid - I just setup what I want to record and never watch live TV. All other menu responses are ok... The 508's are faster - but not by much...

If E* had name based recording and season passes I would have canceled D* and gone with E* - many because it would have saved me a bunch of money to have just one provider - but I really can't stand the missing season passes...

Picture Quality - available channels in comparable packages was all fine for me on both... For what I watch I would have actually saved about $10 per month with E*...

If your not liking the idea of signing a year commitment, tell the installation company that. If you call the 800 number you never know who or what will do your install. Try to find a good local retailer. If your in the Omaha area, p.m. me. I don't have any third party contracts as I believe in what I sell and install and prefer my customers call me if they have a problem. Then again, I always do a pre-install sight survey and make sure the customer knows exactly what the are getting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts