DISH -VS- VOOM - A Settlement has been reached!

You know, it doesn't really matter what any of us believe - a judge or jury will make the determination about who is right or wrong and they will have access to the facts of the case.

Mario

Just countering RiffJim's own assertion that he finds Voom's story more plausible.

Absolutely nothing new to report on this case other than to mentioned both parties will be back in court during August (Aug 3rd) to handle more administration tasks (depositions, interrogatories, schedules, etc.). I can hardly wait for this one to go to trial because I am dying to know what really happened.

VOOM's Lead Counsel Withdraws...

I just noticed VOOM's lead cousel has filed a Consent to Withdrawal with the Court, ""Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, hereby withdraws as counsel for Plaintiff-Counterclaim Defendant VOOM HD Holdings LLC in this matter. Plaintiff will continue to be represented by co-counsel of record, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP."

I am not sure if this is significant or not. Offhand, the co-counsel was larger and appeared to have more resources than Akin Gump et al.

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/fb...cumentId=hU2t/NCvOlBY8Pyp42tnkw==&system=prod

I agree...AMC HD is one of my favorite channels...but there will no settlement and no AMC/IFC on Dish Network the next couple years.
AMC...movies you've seen a zillion times before...with commercials. There's better options.

AMC...movies you've seen a zillion times before...with commercials. There's better options.

Way too many commercials. Even with the fast forward the commercials are almost unbearable. A 2 hour movie blocked for 3? Terrible.

Too much time

Think it is mostly likely that lead counsel made the decision that it would take too much time for them to see any benefit from the case. They pulled to devote their time to something more profitable to them.

FYI...

So far I don't see anything on record (e-filings) that would alter the Court's So Ordered Stipulation dated 9 April 2009. It does not appear that VOOM's change of lead counsel has altered the proposed schedule, but who knows. Anyway, it also appears that all parties are sticking to the schedule that adjusted (pushd back 120-days) during in April:

- Initial expert reports shall be provided by: October 8, 2009
- Rebuttal expert reports shall be exchanged by: November 6, 2009
- Depositions of experts shall be completed by: December 18, 2009
- End of all disclosure: December 18, 2009
- Note of Issue: January 15, 2010

The Note of Issue is used to place a case on the NY Supreme Court's court calendar - it is placed in queue for a trial date. Both parties estimate the trial will take 15-20 court days. Could we see a June 2010 trial?

Personally, I will be attending a week-long residency program in Vermont during early June, and I had planned on spending a 2nd week (vacation) in the area with my family. I wonder if my wife and daughter would like to spend their vacation in a New York courtroom? :rolleyes: I would be a dead-man! ;)

Just think...if this case is anything like Tivo versus Dish Network, it will still be in the court system come 2015. :confused:

It's too damn bad that the folks at Voom are just as much at fault here as Charlie is. I would've loved to have seen Voom ordered to be put back on Dish til the suit was sorted out.

Next Court Appearance: 1/7/2010

Well, the next court appearance (status update) is scheduled for 1/7/2010. I imagine they'll discuss depositions and discovery issues. Yawn. Time to put this thread to sleep until the new year. However, 2010 should be an exciting time for this thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)