Dish Won't Let Me "Move"

Snakedoctor

Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
I had been getting Chicago locals for the HD, but moved back in June due to the talk of replacement smart cards. I decided to "move" back to Chicago today, but the rep. on the chat asked my why I wanted to change addresses, then told me that I can not take my leased receiver out of my residence. I brought up the fact that Charlie moves his receiver to his cabin, but he didn't care. He said I would need another account. does Dish have a new policy on this?

I had been getting Chicago locals for the HD, but moved back in June due to the talk of replacement smart cards. I decided to "move" back to Chicago today, but the rep. on the chat asked my why I wanted to change addresses, then told me that I can not take my leased receiver out of my residence. I brought up the fact that Charlie moves his receiver to his cabin, but he didn't care. He said I would need another account. does Dish have a new policy on this?

You just say YOU moved; you tell them why.

I imagine he does, but it's probably an "executive" account and when he needs things he asks his staff to do it for him, he doesn't deal with CSRs.

Charlie mentioned it on a chat once, kind of as a "feature" of Dish, which is why I brought it up.
Oh then, that means we all should have that "feature" then.... Hey, it's only fair. Not like it's his company or anything ! Why does he get special treatment after all ?

What did you say to keep the bill at your real address. I am sure you do not want the bill going to the Burger King in Atlanta or whereever.

Actually Charlie once referred in a Chat to his own account being shut off for non payment. He apparently has never heard of credit car auto pay.

But all receivers are supposed to be cntinously connected at one address. You have to tell them tha tyou have moved and that the new address either alrady has aDISH or that you will install it yourself.

Talk to technical support instead of account changes. The Tech support people will just solve your problem. The account change CSRs may give you crap like you got.

I just went through the same thing and was given the same excuse. I just called up tech support instead and they fixed it with no problem and no questions.

Just do it with the online chat. Took 5 minutes with no issues. I even did it the same day my account was installed.

Ditto...same way I always do it. Just tell them plainly that you need to change your SERVICE address, but billing address stays the same...no more, no less. Never been questioned at all other than to ask what the new address was.

Of course, my "moves" are always well spaced apart, though...perhaps the short timespan between your "moving" around triggered the questions. Could be wrong, but seems I remember one other post on here a while back of someone trying to move around several times in a short span and being denied specifically on that basis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts