Dish won't replace smart card, since when?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
I have not had one replaced in eons, but this weekend I had family over and my 3 year old cousin thought it would be funny to take one out and chew on it.

I called dish, and they said the entire receiver would need to be replaced.

Since when?

I have not had one replaced in eons, but this weekend I had family over and my 3 year old cousin thought it would be funny to take one out and chew on it.

I called dish, and they said the entire receiver would need to be replaced.

Since when?
what kind of receiver? some are being phased out

Ok, now I'm a little pissed.

Why doesn't Dish train their reps better? This is beyond moronic.

chat_agent.png
Chrizel Ann (ID: J3L): I understand.
chat_agent.png
Chrizel Ann (ID: J3L): I'm sorry to hear that
chat_agent.png
Chrizel Ann (ID: J3L): Let me check what we can do with thaty
chat_agent.png
Chrizel Ann (ID: J3L): One moment please
chat_agent.png
Chrizel Ann (ID: J3L): As per checking, we do not have Smart cards available for purchase. With this, I will be needing to refer you to the nearest local retailer.

Ya...let me go to Wal-Mart and buy one...

Seriously Dish, millions out of work and your hire these people?

I asked her to check with her supervisor.
chat_agent.png
Chrizel Ann (ID: J3L): Yes, I have checked as well with them
chat_agent.png
Chrizel Ann (ID: J3L): You can purchase it the local retailers

Nick (ID: 04V): We have to set this up as a smartcard exchange. They would be expecting a smartcard back, or you would get charged a $50 unreturned equipment fee for that smartcard, as they are quite expensive to make.

I told them I didn't have my old one!

Seriously..WHY IS DISH NOT TRANING IT'S HELP! NO COMPANY ANYWHERE HIRES PEOPLE WITHOUT TRAINING THEM FIRST!

This is BS.

Reactions: navychop
So I asked the guy if I can cancel the replacement. He says I can only refuse the package.

Seriously dish, the uneducated people you have working as representatives of your company are making it look bad.

Why can't you train your reps better? This is simple sh*t, not highly technical discussions.

This is not the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or even 11th time I have been given a incorrect answer upon dealing with dish.

Go on eBay and buy a new 211 for like $50 and take the card out of that.

Or better yet tell them your hooper died, have them send a replacement.

Worse case scenario they charge you $50 for returning a receiver without a card.

If you need a Bullsh!t card to put in the receiver you are returning let me know. Got a whole stack of old Dish smart cards just for this purpose. Probably won't cost you anything to do it this way as I don't think they care what card gets returned with the receiver.

I have returned hundreds of receivers with old cards i got from a card swap.

I got blue, yellow and purple cards :)

Nick (ID: 04V): We have to set this up as a smartcard exchange. They would be expecting a smartcard back, or you would get charged a $50 unreturned equipment fee for that smartcard, as they are quite expensive to make.

I told them I didn't have my old one!

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/what-would-happen-if-smart-card-pulled-from-hopper.290789/

Did your cousin eat the smartcard or was it chewed on and someone threw it away? Where is the card if one was provided with your hopper?

That may be the issue. They want to know where that card is and won't simply send you another one. You left out that critical part of your story in the first post on this, you do not have the chewed card to send back. I now see why DISH isn't sure what is going on.

That may be the issue. They want to know where that card is and won't simply send you another one. You left out that critical part of your story in the first post on this, you do not have the chewed card to send back. I now see why DISH isn't sure what is going on.

People steal cards from Receivers all the time. In commercial locations we actually cut off the cards so they can't be removed.

As far as I know there is no hacking issue with the cards in the hoppers.

It's not like this is the 2nd, 3rd or 4th missing card.

Unless there is a hacking problem going on, and this is not the first time It doesn't really matter what happened to the card. Dish should charge the customer and send out a replacement If they want to continue to have a paying customer.

Ok, now I'm a little pissed.

Why doesn't Dish train their reps better? This is beyond moronic.

chat_agent.png
Chrizel Ann (ID: J3L): I understand.
chat_agent.png
Chrizel Ann (ID: J3L): I'm sorry to hear that
chat_agent.png
Chrizel Ann (ID: J3L): Let me check what we can do with thaty
chat_agent.png
Chrizel Ann (ID: J3L): One moment please
chat_agent.png
Chrizel Ann (ID: J3L): As per checking, we do not have Smart cards available for purchase. With this, I will be needing to refer you to the nearest local retailer.

Ya...let me go to Wal-Mart and buy one...
You know DIRT is here. You know DIRT can be very effective. Yet you went for the Dish Online chat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)