DISH would rather lose you than keep you happy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ttomni6

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2011
Maui
My recent experience with DISH “high end” support is that DISH would rather lose a subscriber than placate a subscriber that has been a DISH subscriber for over a quarter century.

I originally installed DISH when I lived in Oregon back somewhere in the mid 1990's.

I kept our subscription going until somewhere around the year 2000 when we moved to Hawaii. I tried to use the DISH Mover program but was told that it didn't apply to Hawaii.

When we bought our Hawaii house, we subscribed to DISH in 2001. We've been loyal subscribers since then. I must admit that between 2001 and 2016 DISH was pretty liberal with credits for lack of service and other non-performance issues.

However, back a few months ago, we were having major problems with our satellite connections and the VIP722k we had for close to 5 years or more. Since a service call was required, we asked for an upgrade to a Hopper 3. We were told that DISH would have to subscribe us to a service contract (3 months for free) in order to have the service and upgrade at no extra charge.

We accepted and when the servicer took care of everything, we were also subscribed to another service contract (which we didn't need").

When the DISH bill came in billing us for the service contract, I called to say we didn't want it. They removed the charges at that time with no further explanation.

I just received our new bill with a $30 charge for the service removal. When I called to have that charge rescinded, I was told it was corporate policy to not remove that charge.

I asked for one of several possibilities:

1) Please rescind the $30 charge

2) Give me a $15 credit per month to pay for the HBO GO fee since we subscribed to HBO for many years and no longer receive the service.

3) Give me several free movie credits (even though the ones I had for several months have never been used and are expired).

4) Tell me when I can switch from DISH to another provider and how much it would cost.

Out of all those options, I was told how much it would cost to switch from DISH and when I could do it.

As someone who worked in a customer service industry for many, many years I would have done something for, essentially a minuscule charge, a longtime customer to make that customer happy.

Well, did they call your bluff, or are you really going to dump them and go to something else? They know many people threaten, but stay anyway.

I'd try calling back a few more times, and play what's called "CSR Roulette". Perhaps you'll find one that'll be able to give you what you want. OR, if you are serious about dumping them, demand a Retention's person to talk to, and mean it if they won't back down.

We were told that DISH would have to subscribe us to a service contract (3 months for free) in order to have the service and upgrade at no extra charge.

We accepted and when the servicer took care of everything, we were also subscribed to another service contract (which we didn't need").
I don't understand the complaint here. You were told you'd have to sign up for a service contract, agreed to it, but then are upset when you got subscribed to a service contract? Maybe my reading comprehension is faulty, but I really don't understand.

It is well known and documented that cancelling dish protect within a certain time limit came with a cancellation fee. It used to be 90 days, it has moved up to 180 days. It sucks but dropping the service over a $30 fee, I'd chalk it up to a lesson learned.

upload_2019-4-21_8-43-52.png

On top of that, any equipment upgrade normally comes with a new 2 year contract. Personally, a 3 month insurance plan on new equipment seems like a good deal to me. People take warranties with new electronics, etc, all the time

It sounds like he didn’t understand what they told him. You need to keep the service for 3 months or there is a Fee not Free.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I don't understand the complaint here. You were told you'd have to sign up for a service contract, agreed to it, but then are upset when you got subscribed to a service contract? Maybe my reading comprehension is faulty, but I really don't understand.
He got screwed...thats the complaint

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

My recent experience with DISH “high end” support is that DISH would rather lose a subscriber than placate a subscriber that has been a DISH subscriber for over a quarter century.

I originally installed DISH when I lived in Oregon back somewhere in the mid 1990's.

I kept our subscription going until somewhere around the year 2000 when we moved to Hawaii. I tried to use the DISH Mover program but was told that it didn't apply to Hawaii.

When we bought our Hawaii house, we subscribed to DISH in 2001. We've been loyal subscribers since then. I must admit that between 2001 and 2016 DISH was pretty liberal with credits for lack of service and other non-performance issues.

However, back a few months ago, we were having major problems with our satellite connections and the VIP722k we had for close to 5 years or more. Since a service call was required, we asked for an upgrade to a Hopper 3. We were told that DISH would have to subscribe us to a service contract (3 months for free) in order to have the service and upgrade at no extra charge.

When the DISH bill came in billing us for the service contract, I called to say we didn't want it. They removed the charges at that time with no further explanation.

I just received our new bill with a $30 charge for the service removal. When I called to have that charge rescinded, I was told it was corporate policy to not remove that charge.

I asked for one of several possibilities:

1) Please rescind the $30 charge

2) Give me a $15 credit per month to pay for the HBO GO fee since we subscribed to HBO for many years and no longer receive the service.

3) Give me several free movie credits (even though the ones I had for several months have never been used and are expired).

4) Tell me when I can switch from DISH to another provider and how much it would cost.

Out of all those options, I was told how much it would cost to switch from DISH and when I could do it.

As someone who worked in a customer service industry for many, many years I would have done something for, essentially a minuscule charge, a longtime customer to make that customer happy.

If free was mentioned and you saw a cost for the service/protection plan (Did you see a cost for the service plan?) I'm thinking you had to keep the service plan for three months and after that you could cancel, another words you were getting three months free after paying for the first three. Then why cancel the free months. Because normally you have to keep it for six months to not pay the $30 fee.

#1 The fees to drop the service plan are clearly stated in the agreement and I am almost certain they told you about the cancellation fee.

#2 Are they charging you for HBO and your not getting it?

If they are not charging you, how do you expect to give it to you for free?

#3 Movie credits expire for a reason. If you don’t use them. Too bad.

#4 when your contract is up. It’s either 1 or 2 years from when they installed the hopper.

But seriously, Dish did nothing wrong in this case. Quit trying to get free stuff

The only way I can see you getting any credit over HBO is if you had the everything pack and when they re adjusted the price to not include HBO the discount was only $10 or $12 and now it’s costing you another $3-$5 to buy it online.

And only if you had HBO and the other movie channels when HBO was dropped and if you where under contract at the time HBO was dropped because you can always use the argument you where free to cancel when HBO was dropped.

The only way I can see you getting any credit over HBO is if you had the everything pack and when they re adjusted the price to not include HBO the discount was only $10 or $12 and now it’s costing you another $3-$5 to buy it online.

And only if you had HBO and the other movie channels when HBO was dropped and if you where under contract at the time HBO was dropped because you can always use the argument you where free to cancel when HBO was dropped.

I just liked 2 Claude posts in a row, it’s Easter Sunday and my birthday! What are the chances of that happening again?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts