Dish942 942 942 942 942 942 942 942

PowerCommunications

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2006
Rockford, IL
Does anybody here know anything about the 942? I have posted the same question in 2 forums in the last 2 days with no response. So I searched 942 and half of the questions that others had asked are unanswered as well. No replies.

I know that somebody has the answer I need. Please.

I just want to know if the 942's tuner will work if there is no signal from the satellite? I want to use the tuner to pull in the locals without subscribing to DISH. Is this possible? Everytime I go into system setup and then locals the box freezes and has to be reset. Is this because DISH has the OTA tuner disabled without a satellite feed or is there something wrong with my box?

Thanks for any replies.

-Adam

PowerCommunications said:
Does anybody here know anything about the 942? I have posted the same question in 2 forums in the last 2 days with no response.
so you create a third one? There was no need to. Someone would have answered
I just want to know if the 942's tuner will work if there is no signal from the satellite? I want to use the tuner to pull in the locals without subscribing to DISH. Is this possible? Everytime I go into system setup and then locals the box freezes and has to be reset. Is this because DISH has the OTA tuner disabled without a satellite feed or is there something wrong with my box?

Thanks for any replies.

-Adam
no it will not work. You need a signal from the satellite for it to work. I tried it with a 811 and nada...hooked up a dish for 119 only and it works fine (the box is now subscribed)

You need a signal from the satellite for the box to work.

Thanks Iceberg! I thought that was the case. Oh well, what can ya do?

I guess I got a little impatient and it seemed the other 2 posts were getting buried deeper and deeper....lol.

Jgags6- if you're ever at CherryVale we are the DISH/DirecTV kiosk near the foodcourt...stop over and say hi!

-Adam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts