DishDVR-625 hard drive question

Stupid_Genius

Original poster
May 7, 2005
Well i just got dish network for my house, and so far its going great. Well i got a DishDVR-625 Reciever so that i can run tv to living room and the game room.

I really like the recording tv and pausing live tv feature alot, but I dont see the 100+ hours of recording enough.

So I opened the reciever up and found that the hard drive was a regular 250gb seagate HD, the kind you would find in a gaming rig.

Well I just picked up a 400gb seagate HD, and I was just wondering if it was possible to somehow use that 400gb as the HD in the dishdvr-625?

Note:
1. I have removed the warranty void sticker located on the HD rack inside the reciever.
2. I have reformatted the 250HD that came with the reciever, so there is no chance of returning it back into the reciever.

THX alot for any help from you guyz, thx alot.

Hope this wasn't a leased receiver. :rolleyes:

Anyway I do know the HD in the 942 is SATA, the only way to find out is to hook it up and find out. I don't know if there would be any software already on the HD that the DVR needs to work.

Let us know how you make out.

Stupid_Genius said:
Well i just got dish network for my house, and so far its going great. Well i got a DishDVR-625 Reciever so that i can run tv to living room and the game room.

I really like the recording tv and pausing live tv feature alot, but I dont see the 100+ hours of recording enough.

So I opened the reciever up and found that the hard drive was a regular 250gb seagate HD, the kind you would find in a gaming rig.

Well I just picked up a 400gb seagate HD, and I was just wondering if it was possible to somehow use that 400gb as the HD in the dishdvr-625?

Note:
1. I have removed the warranty void sticker located on the HD rack inside the reciever.
2. I have reformatted the 250HD that came with the reciever, so there is no chance of returning it back into the reciever.

THX alot for any help from you guyz, thx alot.

I think you are SOL. Dish DVR's aren't easy upgradeable like TIVO's. Most likely you are going to have to get a replacement box from Dish network.

Nice fake post. Let's face it, no one can be this dumb. You've just made your new 942 into a nice paperweight if in fact you did what you said. Only Tivo's can be reliably upgraded with larger hard drives.

Well yeah i guess i cant do that, but at least is there a place where i could buy a HD with all the stuff on it?

I would be willing to buy that HD, for my DishDVR-625

Yeah, but it would have to come with a new 625. Did your 625 take the initial download? If not, you can put back the original drive and download the initial setup and should be good to go. Otherwise, you can try putting back in drive and run check switch and see if it will download over again.

IF the 625 behaves like the 522, and there is every indication to believe that it does, you can just delete all partitions off the (original) drive with your favorite HD partition utility, put it back in and turn the unit on. It should be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)