dish'n it up?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

patsfan72

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 21, 2008
western mass
called today to get a 722,went through the whole process and then they say we have to install a 722,don't want or need an install so asked to have it shipped.they say they can only ship a a 222k or a 612,i don't want either and they gave no reason as to why they wouldn't ship the 722.any one have any thing i can try to have them ship it,any tips or tricks.

The CSR systems are set up so that if the new equipment configuration would require different wiring than the current configuration, it forces an installation.

Which is why what you were told doesn't make sense. A 222 would be wired the same as a 722. 612 should probably be treated the same as well.

However, if the system makes a mistake, the people in the call centers is no override for this, not even the managers. Get a second opinion to make sure it's not a CSR error. If the second one says they have to ship, then it's the system and you just have to roll with it.

6 mos ago I did a DishnIt Up of two 612's. CSRs would only offer an install and not a shipment, wasting $25 + $25 for something that would take me longer to explain to the tech than it would take for me to do an install myself. (I had some unique equipment at the time.) So I appealed to the ceo email address and it was done. Well, they shipped me two 622's first before the 612's, but eventually they got it right.

called today to get a 722,went through the whole process and then they say we have to install a 722,don't want or need an install so asked to have it shipped.they say they can only ship a a 222k or a 612,i don't want either and they gave no reason as to why they wouldn't ship the 722.any one have any thing i can try to have them ship it,any tips or tricks.

what satellites do you currently receive? If you get 110,119,129 or 77,72.7,61.5 then you should be good to go already. i would do the online chat if it were me.

i get 110,119,61.5.i have decided to just wait it out until the 922 comes out.the only issue i have is that i have "moved" and do not want to have to move back and then move again in a matter of days.i will wait till i hear about the 922 release date and then "move" home.and after i get the 922 i will just move to NYC or Hartford.

Yes, they ship you a new 722k receiver and you foul up the install making it a 722k brick.

You get all pissed off and post on a forum how downright dirty and awful Dish Network is, Yada, yada, yada.

Dish sends out a tech who takes 2 hours to fix everything, and it ends up costing you and Dish more time than if it had been done their way in the first place.

The idea is let them do their job, maybe you can set it up and install it yourself, but just maybe you can't.

They don't know how techie you are and they can't afford to take your word for it.

There are several new features of the 722K (like the new remote features) that I would not have discovered for some time (probably by reading here) had the tech not shown it to me while setting things up.

Relax, have a cold one (or a warm chocolate).

Have done all my own installs for over 10 years. Own all dishes and switches, but lease 722k, two 612s. (Also own a 622 that is presently inactive.) Dish has learned to send me whatever I ask for. No tech has ever set foot at my place. That is the way I like it. Sort of a hobby of mine.

I don't know if their cust. service systems still work this way but each account had "tags" identifying within the system which Sat locations you had available. If for any reason those tags aren't correct on your account they would say you'd need an install to accomodate a certain new receiver or some channels like internationals.

If the issue here is that you can see a certain sat location that they say you can't and would need an install for that, they can fix that by having someone above them add the tag to your account, once you verify Sat signal by using one of the Sat identifying channels in the 9900's.

But if it's an issue that Jericohol brings up about your account not built for certain installs yet and you'd be adding new tuners, they generally prefer install themselves over shipping.

Have done all my own installs for over 10 years. Own all dishes and switches, but lease 722k, two 612s. (Also own a 622 that is presently inactive.) Dish has learned to send me whatever I ask for. No tech has ever set foot at my place. That is the way I like it. Sort of a hobby of mine.

yeah satellite tv is my hobby too. although at one time I was a dealer installer.

I buy my boxes, and sell my old ones. just easier this way.

Dish n it up is a bate and switch ripoff!

After having so many problems with their refurb VIP622's this last FALL, I decided to go ahead and order a 722K with OTA module. I believe the DNiU cost was $75 plus $40 for the OTA module. Anyway, I did this back on Dec 22. Yesterday I got an e-mail saying they plan to ship me another refurb 622 on Monday. I told them to stop the shipment as that was not what I paid for and accused them of bait and switch. Now they tell me because I have a 722 on my account, I can't have 2 leased 722's.
These CSR's make up rules every time I call and the online chat is even worse. I tried it just to see if I could get any more intelligent CSR and the online chat person didn't even know what a UPS tracking number was. She thought it was the Dish order number. I finally gave up after asking 3 times for the UPS tracking number. two days later I get my answer (from UPS) that it will be shipped on Jan 4. I called them and told them I'll ship it right back because it is not what I ordered!
I hope they don't charge my credit card for the bait and switch and shipping charges.

ceo time

Dish n it up is a bate and switch ripoff!

After having so many problems with their refurb VIP622's this last FALL, I decided to go ahead and order a 722K with OTA module. I believe the DNiU cost was $75 plus $40 for the OTA module. Anyway, I did this back on Dec 22. Yesterday I got an e-mail saying they plan to ship me another refurb 622 on Monday. I told them to stop the shipment as that was not what I paid for and accused them of bait and switch. Now they tell me because I have a 722 on my account, I can't have 2 leased 722's.
These CSR's make up rules every time I call and the online chat is even worse. I tried it just to see if I could get any more intelligent CSR and the online chat person didn't even know what a UPS tracking number was. She thought it was the Dish order number. I finally gave up after asking 3 times for the UPS tracking number. two days later I get my answer (from UPS) that it will be shipped on Jan 4. I called them and told them I'll ship it right back because it is not what I ordered!
I hope they don't charge my credit card for the bait and switch and shipping charges.

It's time to email ceo @ either echostar.com or dishnetwork.com. Tell them all the S**t you've had to go thru and that you are not a happy camper. It will probably go to retention dept. then you will be better off, and get what you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)