SPACE CHANNEL-SCFI
DEJAVIEW
VISION CHANNEL
DRIVE-N-CLASSIC
SHOWCASE-ACTION
SHOWCASE-E
SHOWCASE-W
SCREAM CHANNEL

I have been waiting on the Animenetwork. Time Warner has got it and I am setting up Tuesday with my HD DVR at no cost to me... I still own my equipment and will keep it until see Dish catching up or whatever it is they think they will do that will be positive :D

As the running gag goes- Bingo and International channels are more important. You pick your audience and your audience will pick you. Dish no longer caters to me. ("Leader in professional confusion and false advertising")

Yes I want the anime network too, I think directv has that. I'm DYEING for the anime network. Of course my local cable company COX really doesn't offer what I'm looking for hence the reason I'm with DISH. Cox quality looks really bad for some reason too the PQ is not up to my standards.

I have TW coming out tuesday and I am not sure what to expect but I haven't canceled dish just yet. I will make a apples to apples comparison for a few days then see who looks better. Animenetwork and that HD DVR are mighty attractive!

I didn't know that Discovery had a Space channel. Is there enough content to have a space channel without a lot of repeating content? We probably will not see this channel until the contract with the company gets renewed unless there is a lot of demand for it. I would personally like to see this channel added.

I know that a lot of other folks would love to see the Lonestar - Western Channel added.

Those channels are only available in Canada, thats why there is a TV LAND CANADA
and a TV-Land in the USA.

Yes Scott, what happened to those stations you had mentioned would be there first week of march? I remember you mentioning it at the charlie chat, there was a joke about 39 of the 40 new stations would be shopping but it would be interesting to see.

Even then dont count on anything new. The space is needed to add more and more local channels and now especially for HD and must carry on one satellite dish.

Hell, the last time anyone requested new channels Dish decided to be an ass about it and did the Clock channel thing right?

Licensing issues will prevent most of the Canadian stations from being shown on Dish/Directv. Most if not all the programs they carry are already licensed to other stations in the States.
For instance, almost everything on Space is under license in the States for Sci-fi & Spike. Dish would be required to black out every one of those shows in order to show the channel here. Or Space would have to contract to be able to show them here, which is unlikely as then the owner would have to reduce the fee that Sci-fi & Spike pay to them.

I have read about those rumors online and also seen where there was a form/petition asking which U.S. channel you would like to see Call For Help come to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)