DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 4/9/2008 1:00pm - 178 changes

Why is it always presented as a choice between Dish giving us HD locals or national HD? They should be aggressively rolling out EVERYTHING all at once. Every week that goes by without any new national HD, they lose current customers and potential new customers. How long has it been since a single new national HD channel was launched? It's getting beyond ridiculous.

TBS in early October if I'm not mistaken, and yes, it is ridiculous. 6 MONTHS since they added any national HD.

So you are the guy who goes into a car dealership saying:

What kind of argument is that? You're defending Dish? At a time when a huge number of households are upgrading to HD TVs, customers are looking for the provider who is going to give them the most HD, and they are also going to see who is rolling out the most HD channels in the near future.

Dish should be giving us a couple HD channels PER WEEK. It has been MONTHS since the last new national HD channel. Especially with the recent satellite launch failure, it's more important than ever for Dish to prove they are still committed to HD.

Well I am just sick!!!. . . . . . everyone getting there locals and here in Jacksonville, NC we are just waiting fort them to make them available. . . .C'mon Dish. . show me the Locals!!! And some USA, SCIFI!!!!
They added the mapdown numbers yesterday for 7,8,9& 12 doughboy. That is one step closer to release I think.

At a time when a huge number of households are upgrading to HD TVs, customers are looking for the provider who is going to give them the most HD, and they are also going to see who is rolling out the most HD channels in the near future.

I'm not looking to defend Dish, but regardless of how many people are buying HDTV's, there is no evidence showing they are actively looking to hook it up to an HD source. In fact most people plug it into their cable and think they are magically watching HDTV. It's sad, really, but it's the truth. So I don't think customers are looking into who has the most HD, since they think they're already getting it.

Well, this was disappointing. But Scott's contacts (or the first memo) did say April 10th originally. Maybe today was HD locals, and tomorrow is national HD.

(I wish we had an icon for someone grasping at straws. :) )

What kind of argument is that? You're defending Dish? At a time when a huge number of households are upgrading to HD TVs, customers are looking for the provider who is going to give them the most HD, and they are also going to see who is rolling out the most HD channels in the near future.

Dish should be giving us a couple HD channels PER WEEK. It has been MONTHS since the last new national HD channel. Especially with the recent satellite launch failure, it's more important than ever for Dish to prove they are still committed to HD.

Dish doesn't owe anybody anything other then what they got when they signed up. That's business. They don't HAVE to give us anything.

I've only been with Dish for about two years. In the summer of 2006 they told me that they would be getting Cleveland locals in HD by the END of 2006. Well now... two years later, today, I have my Cleveland Locals in HD. It was my choice to wait as it is your's to leave.

I'm not looking to defend Dish, but regardless of how many people are buying HDTV's, there is no evidence showing they are actively looking to hook it up to an HD source. In fact most people plug it into their cable and think they are magically watching HDTV. It's sad, really, but it's the truth. So I don't think customers are looking into who has the most HD, since they think they're already getting it.

That may be true of a small number of HDTV buyers, but I would guess the majority of them understand the difference between SD and HD channels.

I just think that Dish is building a reputation for itself that rolling out national HD channels is not a priority, and this will greatly affect revenue as current subs drop off and new subs go elsewhere.

I'm just as disappointed as the rest of you guys. I have been waiting sooooooo long for new national HD and it seems like every week that goes by Direct Tv is always on the front page with adding new National HD. I've been a Die hard Dish customer since 96' and I probably would've jumped to Direct if I wasn't tied into my contract for another year. So I have to sit here and take it, oh well what's another week, I've waited this long. Besides Scott softened the blow yesterday when he posted up the Dish memos. Anyway here is a link from Engadget which received some Local HD news and when they will be turned on.

DISH Network launching HD locals in four more markets - Engadget HD

It states: The HD locals go live for these four regions on April 10th at 6:00AM ET

Just thought I'd pass that along.
Thank you to Scott for all of your hard work with the sight and for getting us the most info possible.:)

TBS doesnt even count honestly. It was never intended to launch, but they got themsleves into a bit of legal trouble.

Yeah, didn't have something to do with the baseball playoffs?

Anyways, if that doesn't count you have to go back to August 15th, and then the History Channel a day or two after that.

Wow, that's a long time......

Dish doesn't owe anybody anything other then what they got when they signed up. That's business. They don't HAVE to give us anything.

I've only been with Dish for about two years. In the summer of 2006 they told me that they would be getting Cleveland locals in HD by the END of 2006. Well now... two years later, today, I have my Cleveland Locals in HD. It was my choice to wait as it is your's to leave.

I agree that they don't HAVE to give me anything and I can leave whenever I want. However, as a public company whose goal is to MAKE A PROFIT, I would strongly suggest that Dish implement a new strategy to start rolling out the new national HD channels as soon as possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts