DishONLINE

If the ethernet port is enabled and we are able to download movies, will we also be able to control the DVR from a different location via internet. I'm in Chicago right now and I would like to connect to my dvr in St. Louis to record the Charlie Chat. I sure hope this will be the case.

I seriously doubt that they will turn it into a slingbox. Certainly not from what the screen shots show of the software now.

I think he meant he just wanted to be able to access the scheduler so he could schedule recordings while away from his 622.

Did anyone notice the prices for the movies? $2.99 for 24hrs and $4.87 for 48hrs.

I think he meant he just wanted to be able to access the scheduler so he could schedule recordings while away from his 622.

Did anyone notice the prices for the movies? $2.99 for 24hrs and $4.87 for 48hrs.

Your right HokieEngineer,

I can't tell you how many times I have been out of town and realized Iwanted to record something at home so I could see it once I returned. Not too many hotels have HD televisions, and if they did I'm sure they would not be calibrated and have 7.1 sound to my liking.

Trust me, you don't know what you've started.... Take a look at the Dish/Weather Channel thread for people's "pissing and moaning" because of a feature that was pre-announced way too soon.

Trust me I'm aware:) . I do a whole lot more reading than posting...

That said...

Alot of the features that are being mentioned are what homezone does.

I can't get into homezone b/c I'm already a separate E* / AT&T customer. They told me I had to leave E* fro 6 mo and then I can get in (this is discussed in other threads on this site as well).

Point being, that if they add this feature for real I'll be very excited and I would guess it would be very similar to homezone.

15 Meg?? Hmm your either on a Business plan or you know someone at the cable company. :)

Hmm thats not bad price for 15Meg. I think max I could get right now is about 6meg but I think over time it will go up on speed so I could get a faster connection. But what I have now is fine.

Ok guys, help me here.
Currently, Dish offers Dish On Demand. I can order up a movie via DOD, and it's saved to my HD. Haven't done it yet since there is no HD content available.

What will this new BB service provide? It is not a duplication for 622 owners? Am I missing some key point here?

BTW, I have Verizon FIOS with a steady 15MB download speed. I've been diappointed with Veriozon's initial video offering, since it's not IPTV. The first company that provides true HD IPTV will get my vote.

Ok guys, help me here.
Currently, Dish offers Dish On Demand. I can order up a movie via DOD, and it's saved to my HD. Haven't done it yet since there is no HD content available.

What will this new BB service provide? It is not a duplication for 622 owners? Am I missing some key point here?

BTW, I have Verizon FIOS with a steady 15MB download speed. I've been diappointed with Veriozon's initial video offering, since it's not IPTV. The first company that provides true HD IPTV will get my vote.

The key point is that it seems like this will be similar to AT&T homezone.

This is just aguess on my part, but being able to download via Broadband and also remotely control DVR... Makes me happy!!

Since they are planning to use the ethernet connection, I think it would be nice to have an application developed for your home PC so you can use the ethernet to archive shows to one central HDD. This content would be available from any receiver plugged into the network. This to me would be a better solution than a external usb drive at only one box.

Well for the fun of it I connected the 622 to my router and I have link but it did not request an address. I am sure you will be able to assign a static IP from the 622 when they activate it.

Is the 522 really the same as a 625??

DishHD Rebate Doubled?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)