DishONLINE

I see that ATT charges $9.99 a month to access the internet over the receiver with Dish with Homezone. I guess we will see yet another DISH fee to enable this internet access with them too. I guess this will be another feature I will have to pass on if they start charging for this too.

I see that ATT charges $9.99 a month to access the internet over the receiver with Dish with Homezone. I guess we will see yet another DISH fee to enable this internet access with them too. I guess this will be another feature I will have to pass on if they start charging for this too.

I believe this is so AT&T will actually make money on homezone. If E* charges anything, I can't imagine it being that much. I guess we will have to wait and see. And per all other experiences we may be waiting a while...

Let's see- $9.99 per month for the opportunity to d/l VOD that evaporates in a day or 2?

If you plug them in you will get a connection light on your hub, however the 622 does not even try grabbing an IP address via IP. So if you look at your network you wont even see the 622 hooked up or active on the network.

So Scott, you get any response from people at DISH about this find? I wonder what kind of reaction there is to this find on their website.

The only person I spoke to at Dish today had no idea what I was talking about. (And seemed to really have no idea what I was talking about) :)

Am I the only one that finds this to be nothing more than a big YAWN? I have all of the channels that dish offers (30 or so movie channels I think?) and a DVR that holds 300 hours (or so) of SD video. Why would I ever pay for some VOD when I can record 100 movies (and keep them forever if I want) and pick from those?

Crappy movies via VOD is not going to be enough for me to even string a network cable to my living room...

Your missing the big picture.

Whats possible here is for you to watch ANY movie or Television show, when you want.

Thats ultimately what this technology can give you.

Yes, eventually it can be great. And I don't mean to be gloom & doom. It's just that at first I suspect it'll be used as a limited-list VOD.

I'll be happy if they tie all of the "Dish Home" stuff into the ethernet connection. I mean, even looking at my bill through my receiver ends up *dialing* out.

Average mpeg2 HD movie would be around 9gig. Assuming a 3Mbit connection, it would take over 6 hours to download. I would assume they would use mpeg4 and cut that size down a bit, but it'd still be a couple of hours.

Not to mention the bandwidth usage. They'd probably charge more $$ for HD content.

Is the 522 really the same as a 625??

DishHD Rebate Doubled?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)