This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

DishPointer GOES-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

SG.Foster

Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Hello,

I was using DishPointer.com to attempt a data feed from GOES-16.
I live in Edmonton, Alberta and I noticed an error using DishPointer.com.

Currently, DishPointer.com states that GOES-16 is at 89.5º W. However, the operational position of GOES-16 is 75.2º W.

The 89.5º W was a holding/validation position until it was ready to move to the operational location. This move was completed in November 2017.

Could anyone please confirm that GOES-16 is located at 75.2º W?

We are also inquiring if the elevation needs to be updated?
Currently, DishPointer.com states that the elevation of GOES-16 is at 25.0º for our location. However, this may have been the location of the holding/validation position and not the operation location.

Could you please confirm the elevation for GOES-16 for our location?
Edmonton Alberta Canada

Thank you very much,
Stephen Foster

This states it was supposed to have reached it's new orbital slot on December 11th.
Drifting Satellites: What Happens when NOAA GOES-16 is Moved into Operational Position - WeatherNation

Reactions: SG.Foster
Is DishPointer even actively being maintained? I know their AR App on the iPhone was never updated and had to be removed (32-bit) after iOS 11 came out. I don't know, I just figured the Site was on zombie life-support. Copyright is 2012, it quotes "recent" articles from 2007, and best of all, the support Forum is hosted on SatelliteGuys.US!

Status
Not open for further replies.