Help with dishpointer licence

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking around I see a couple of posts that had/have the same problem. I didn't see a solution. Normally (at least with what I know, Android) you simply reinstall but I do see that at least a couple of others could not. They too did not get a reply.

Reactions: Kirk106
I tried contacting the author in the last couple of months and no replies here either. He used to reply to me all the time really quick. :(

Last I talked to him he said life was starting to get in the way of his projects, I guess he just let it drop, I wish he would at least say something on the web site or on here.

Get SatFinder Lite. It's free and is pretty similar to Dishpointer. I paid $20 for the DishPointer app but after hearing about lack of support I wouldn't mess with them again. I have an iphone but downloaded it on an android device before and your supposed to be able to contact them to move it to another phone but without support that won't happen I guess.

Get SatFinder Lite. It's free and is pretty similar to Dishpointer. I paid $20 for the DishPointer app but after hearing about lack of support I wouldn't mess with them again. I have an iphone but downloaded it on an android device before and your supposed to be able to contact them to move it to another phone but without support that won't happen I guess.
I d/led the Sat Finder one you mentioned and it is very simular, however, when I point it to the co ordinates that I should be at, is seems to be way off to the left (east), just playing with the app, not my dish.
Is this a difference between the True North and the Mag. North ?

Is there a way to make adjustment ?

I should be at about 222* by 42* by don't remember the tilt actually, but in that area, when I looked at that setting on the App, it looked way off compared to where my dish is pointing.

Make sure you calibrate your compass in your phone. Most of these apps have it in their settings for quick access. If not it is in your phone set-up somewhere and some are automatic if you just hold your phone out and make big figure 8 circles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)