DISHPro 34 Switch *sold*

John Corn

Thread Starter
The Coach / Supporter
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
1,244
19
North Canton, Ohio.
The DISHPro 34 Switch is compatible with DISHPro Receivers: 301, 501, 508, 510, 721, and 811.
Allows you to receive signals from satellites 119, 110 and 61.5 or 148 simultaneously with only 3 cable runs to the DP34 Switch and allows for 4 receiver installs. Add another DP34 Switch for 5,6,7 or 8 receiver installs.

Brand new in the box, $70.00 includes shipping.
 

DaveO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 3, 2003
172
0
Re: DISHPro 34 Switch

John Corn said:
The DISHPro 34 Switch is compatible with DISHPro Receivers: 301, 501, 508, 510, 721, and 811.
Allows you to receive signals from satellites 119, 110 and 61.5 or 148 simultaneously with only 3 cable runs to the DP34 Switch and allows for 4 receiver installs. Add another DP34 Switch for 5,6,7 or 8 receiver installs.

Brand new in the box, $70.00 includes shipping.

When I received my 811, the Dish installers removed my Legacy Duals and replaced them with a Dish Pro Lnb.

There is only one wire coming out of it direct to the house as I only have one receiver. I guess this switches between 110/119 internally.

So, all I have to do is mount the spare Dish 500 with a single Dish Pro lnb, run one wire from each dish to the sw34, and then one to the receiver.

Is that right?

Dave
 

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
444
181
Mankato, MN
Dave
No. You would have to run both lines from the DishPro Twin.

Here is what you need if you only have one receiver...27.99 at Dishstore (the link at the top of the page). The DP34 is for 2 or more receivers

DP21Switch.jpg
 

DaveO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 3, 2003
172
0
Iceberg said:
Dave
No. You would have to run both lines from the DishPro Twin.

Here is what you need if you only have one receiver...27.99 at Dishstore (the link at the top of the page). The DP34 is for 2 or more receivers

DP21Switch.jpg


Ohboy.. now I'm as confused as ever!!

There is only one wire coming out of my present Dishpro Twin, and I get both 119 and 110. That one wire goes to the grounding block, and then direct to the 811 receiver. I did have two wires before from my legacy duals, and I see one of the wires just hanging there now, apparently not needed for whatever switch they used.

The switch must be built into the LNB. So, will putting another switch inline screw things up?

So, It looks like I only need one wire from each dish, ?? I hope that's right. I wondered myself about just having one wire connecting two satellites but it does.

Does this sound right to you? I know it's a Dish Pro LNB, but I don't know exactly which one, other than it only uses one wire.

Dave
 

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
444
181
Mankato, MN
Dave
The Twin & Quad LNB has "an internal switch"..I don't know if there is actually a switch in it. (there must be)

Your duals could only pick up one satellite, that is why there was 2 wires coming off the dish into a SW21 (they were for 110 & 119).

The above picture, you would just hook you existing line off the dish (twin) into the "1" side and the 61.5 in the "2" side.

I have the exact same setup, and it works great
 

DaveO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 3, 2003
172
0
Iceberg said:
Dave
The Twin & Quad LNB has "an internal switch"..I don't know if there is actually a switch in it. (there must be)

Your duals could only pick up one satellite, that is why there was 2 wires coming off the dish into a SW21 (they were for 110 & 119).

The above picture, you would just hook you existing line off the dish (twin) into the "1" side and the 61.5 in the "2" side.

I have the exact same setup, and it works great

Thanks, and yes, now I remember when the guy handed me my old legacy duals and a sw21. I asked him what kind of switch he put in and he said "non", it's built into the LNB.

So, it looks like I'm gonna get off much cheaper with the DP21 because I will only have one receiver.

Thanks very much.

Dave
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top