DISH's new IPTV Service to be called...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I wonder if the NuTv will be accessed through any regular equipment like the smart tvs or the blu ray players ,etc? If it isn't easily widely assessable ,then their new service won't matter. I don't want to have to buy another box like the Roku player ,just to see DISH's NuTv service.
This article seems to think that it will use the Roku and iOS devices..

The FCC isn't snoozing on online video service push
Sep 30 2014, 09:19 ET | By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor [Contact this editor with comments or a news tip]

The FCC is considering new regulations for companies looking to offer an over-the-top online video service, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Rules governing OTT services could make it harder for content providers and distributors to carve out smaller deals for programming.
Traditional streamers such as Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX), Hulu (DIS, CMCSA, FOXA), and Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) that offer their content on-demand should be outside the regulatory purview of the FCC on the OTT startups.
Dish Network (NASDAQ:DISH), Sony (NYSE:SNE), and Verizon (NYSE:VZ) are the furthest along in the race for a trimmed-down online video package aimed largely at cord-cutters and cord-nevers.

http://seekingalpha.com/news/2006675-the-fcc-isnt-snoozing-on-online-video-service-push#email_link

I think Dish will keep track of the new IPTV subscribers that cancelled their Dish Network subscription to see if they actually lose money doing this. If they gain more subscribers than what they lose on those that switch from Dish then that is what they are hoping for.

Just heard that Comcast in my area are suspending the Data Caps ( 500 GB for Extreme 105) because I have the Triple Play package, but for those who don't ( the ones that have Broadband only) they are going to a flat 300GB for all tiers and then $10 per extra 50GB.

Now I go over 300GB every month with four of us in the house, all four TVs have Rokus ( only two TVs have cable boxes) since we do most of our watching on Vudu, Netflix and some Hulu, if we went to Broadband only with Dish's service my bill would double ( I lose my Triple Play discount on Broadband, Extreme 105 by itself is $90 dollars and I pay $115 right now for the Starter Triple package for the next two years).

I really think that Dish ( and Sony also) would never work because of this, soon they will command so much of the Broadband footprint and who does not think that other cable companies would not follow with the Data Caps, Uverse is about to go to 250GB if they have not already, Verizon I don't about but since they are about to do their own net TV service they will do what they can to stop someone else using their Network.

Now how do do stop this, I would love to be a cord cutter, I would love a Net TV service that would sell me rights to the apps ( like FX Now for example) without having a cable/ sat. subscription ( this is what Apple was working on for Apple TV ), that way I could watch shows when I want on my Roku/ Apple Products, I don't need Live TV except for local news, but I can get that OTA.

I just don't see how this can work, cable will kill it because it is their networks, they have a lot more power over this when they had none when Sat TV started up.

And if anyone thinks Data Caps are not that big of a deal since they never go over, I read that if you watch just 2 hours a day of HD video for 30 days over the net you would hit 300GB easily.

Cord shaving hits the pay-TV sector
Oct 10 2014, 07:43 ET | By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor [Contact this editor with comments or a news tip]

The top 40 cable channels have lost 3% of the subscribers over the last four years, according to data compiled by The Wall Street Journal.
ESPN (NYSE:DIS), TNT (NYSE:TWX), Nickelodeon (NASDAQ:VIAB), USA (NASDAQ:CMCSA) and CNN all shed more than 3% of their subscribers as consumers sought smaller bundles.
Basic plans with a trimmed list of channels account for 12% of all pay-TV subscriptions, up from a level of 8%-10% just a few years ago.
Related stocks: DISH, DTV, CHTR, CVC.

http://seekingalpha.com/news/2024625-cord-shaving-hits-the-pay-tv-sector#email_link

From the website picture it looks like DISH or Dishnetwork , will sell another box to use for streaming their new ip service. I would of thought that using an app or the roku player, would of been easier to appeal to more potential subscribers. Netflix makes their service widely available over many , many devices , tvs, etc. Dish should follow their lead.

Reactions: TheKrell
If you look up the info on that domain it has been registered to someone in Port a Prince since January and the contact is a gmail address. Somehow I don't think it is connected to Dish

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just heard that Comcast in my area are suspending the Data Caps ( 500 GB for Extreme 105) because I have the Triple Play package, but for those who don't ( the ones that have Broadband only) they are going to a flat 300GB for all tiers and then $10 per extra 50GB.

Now I go over 300GB every month... if we went to Broadband only with Dish's service my bill would double ( I lose my Triple Play discount on Broadband, Extreme 105 by itself is $90 dollars and I pay $115 right now for the Starter Triple package for the next two years).

I really think that Dish ( and Sony also) would never work because of this, soon they will command so much of the Broadband footprint and who does not think that other cable companies would not follow with the Data Caps, Uverse is about to go to 250GB if they have not already, Verizon I don't about but since they are about to do their own net TV service they will do what they can to stop someone else using their Network.

... I just don't see how this can work, cable will kill it because it is their networks, they have a lot more power over this when they had none when Sat TV started up.

And if anyone thinks Data Caps are not that big of a deal since they never go over, I read that if you watch just 2 hours a day of HD video for 30 days over the net you would hit 300GB easily.

There is a new reseller that operates on the AT&T U-verse (VDSL) network: DSL Extreme. (http://dslextreme.com)

Their VDSL service is called trueSTREAM, and there are no data caps at all. AT&T technicians hook up the service; billing is paperless through the DSL Extreme website. The same speeds provided by U-verse are available to trueSTREAM customers, including the 45 Mbps and 75 Mbps tiers.

I had the trueSTREAM service installed a couple of weeks ago. I can confirm that DISH On Demand works fantastically, as well as Netflix and Amazon Prime, and I've probably used 50+ GB in the past 11 days without issue.

It has been suggested by some that AT&T was motivated to cut a deal with DSL Extreme with favorable terms, in order to increase the likelihood that they (AT&T) would be cleared to purchase DirecTV.

As usual Charlie is" a day late and a dollar short "in regards to his deadline of "the end of the year" for NuTv. But maybe he was talking about the end of next year instead? Either way he is now behind the competition instead of leading .

Now I go over 300GB every month with four of us in the house, all four TVs have Rokus ( only two TVs have cable boxes) since we do most of our watching on Vudu, Netflix and some Hulu, if we went to Broadband only with Dish's service my bill would double ( I lose my Triple Play discount on Broadband, Extreme 105 by itself is $90 dollars and I pay $115 right now for the Starter Triple package for the next two years).

Now how do do stop this, I would love to be a cord cutter, I would love a Net TV service that would sell me rights to the apps ( like FX Now for example) without having a cable/ sat. subscription ( this is what Apple was working on for Apple TV ), that way I could watch shows when I want on my Roku/ Apple Products, I don't need Live TV except for local news, but I can get that OTA.

I just don't see how this can work, cable will kill it because it is their networks, they have a lot more power over this when they had none when Sat TV started up.

I have Comcast Business Internet , no cap. $70/month includes modem fee. Do about 500gb/month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts