Dishwire

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sundance

Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
Has Dish said why they have decided to not enable dishwire? :mad:
I would assume they are just kissing the movie/TV industries A like most of the other hardware Mfg.

Thanks

Nope no official word of what the real reason was behind the demise of DishWire, even when we broke the news there was not reason given for its death.

I know a few people are working on a workaround (one even claiming to have it running) One has even come to us and asked us to help them market the product.

I myself have not seen any of these things.

Imagine the dishwire actually works and Dish doesn't allow it to be used. Now if they could only fix all the other problems that don't work. :p

Scott Greczkowski said:
Nope no official word of what the real reason was behind the demise of DishWire.

Didn't Jim say on a Charlie Chat it was due to Content Protection issues?

My wild-*ss guess is that, when it came down to it, they couldn't convince Hollywood of the security and robustness of their 5C implementation. Based on what people have been told, it seems the record function itself was working fine.

But I've heard from people working with Hollywood types that they're never satisifed with the security of any setup: they'll tell you what needs to be fixed, you go away and fix it, they find something new that's a problem, and on and on continuously ...